Help in configuring Router + modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I've got this BSNL connection running on a D-link modem. And I've got a Linksys wireless router. What do I do?

I've plugged in the modem on one PC with the LAN cable and it works perfectly. But I want to connect it to the wireless router and use the internet through there. Any procedure I should be following? I googled around but it was all in vain.

Help me please. If I don't get it working my dad will tie me to an electric pole and throw tiny darts on my back...

Milind

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
u need to plugin the lan cable from the modem into the wireless router .... there shud be a rj 45 jack saying input or somthing

Pathik

Google Bot
goobimama said:
Help me please. If I don't get it working my dad will tie me to an electric pole and throw tiny darts on my back...
wtf :D
btw do u have a wifi card on ur system??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
goobimama said:
I've got this BSNL connection running on a D-link modem. And I've got a Linksys wireless router. What do I do?

I've plugged in the modem on one PC with the LAN cable and it works perfectly. But I want to connect it to the wireless router and use the internet through there. Any procedure I should be following? I googled around but it was all in vain.
Refer this thread for more info. Its for Windows, tho. On a Mac jus find the analogous entities and configure them in a similar manner.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62567

goobimama said:
I wonder where the Bulls-Eye would be??!!! :D

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
1) I got an ADSL modem with an IP of 192.168.1.1
2) I got a wireless linksys router, b/g, which was earlier being used for a sify connection (from sify, to router, to PCs and laptops)
3) I got two PCs with LAN ports and the iBook is with wireless
4) I want to connect ADSL to Modem to router to all the pcs...

As for security, I can worry about that later. I want an open connection, just plug and play. so thos MAC IDs and such I will look into later.

Last edited:
OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
But in your guide, the connection is coming through from somewhere. My router is configured properly like I said, cause I was using the sify connection with it. I just need to know what settings to enter into the modem to make it sort of "work with" the router...

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I was with Linksys Technical Support(New Delhi Branch) till last month. :) Why dont u call them ???They will surely help u and the number is toll free.The number is 1800 326 7114

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
In my guide, the connection is coming from BSNL ADSL. So its a similar connection. Just post your specific queries here.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i think he wants to know that as of now his router is configured for sify's conx so inorder to setup his bsnl conx what changes does he need to make to his linksys router

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
No changes! Just make sure there are discrete IPs for the modem and the router and the PC's haf the modem's IP as the gateway. The rest of the procedure remains same.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Yeh, Keep the ADSL Router as your Gateway i.e. 192.168.1.1, Change the WiFi Router's IP to 192.168.1.2, Connect all the PCs and ADSL Router to the WiFi Router.

In the LAN Settings of the PC, set the gateway as 192.168.1.1

That should do.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
even i had the same query got it solved
*www.techenclave.com/forums/auto-configration-bsnl-h500-happy-hours-99091.html#post677727

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom