2600k as proccy and the
motherboard in the remaining
money
Lesser cost the better.. but not compromising quality

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Core i5 2600k costs ~ 16.5-17k

for mobo get either MSI Z68A-GD55 / Asus Z68 M Pro @ 10.2k or if you don't want to spend that much get Intel DZ68DB @ 7.7k ;-)

Cilus

laborare est orare
I guess i7 2600K is a better choice here as per OP's requirements. All the apps mentioned by him is highly multi-threaded, especially video editing and simulaneously 8 thread handling capability of i7 2600K will provide a high performance boost over Non-HT 2500K.
A standard motherboad like MSI Z68A-GD55 will do the job here and OP has to spend around 1.5K extra. I think spending that much extra amount is worthwhile.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Buddy if you stay @Mumbai.....then you are out of luck....25k budget wont fit 2600k......called primeabgb just now for pricing.....18k for 2600k....better increase your budget or settle for 2500k for 12k.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op's location is bangalore/hyderabad and SMC and Delta Peripherals are still selling core i7 2600k @ ~17k - so OP can get the cpu online ;-)

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
OP has a strict budget of 25k so for now i7 is little out of budget if he need a gigabyte,asus or msi board...if hes ready to settle with intel board then it fits in the budget somehow...!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Asus P8Z68-V PRO + Intel i5-2500k. Exactly 25k.

Best combo in terms of value for money.
But as OP will use his rig for 'video editing and adobe suite', i7-2600K is better option for him, and also I think he won't overclock his processor too much. So, Intel DZ68DB will suffice his purpose of computing.

Cilus

laborare est orare
As we're assuming that OP won't overclock then he can go for i7 2600 + Intel DH67CL combination. It will fit in his budget.

Intel Core i7 2600 @ 16K
Intel DH67CL-B3 @ 5.6K

Total 21.6K

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
getting a K sku cpu makes more sense for it's OCbility and flexibility - with a good mobo+cooler more performance can be achieved from this and - OP has good budget for the cpu so it's better to get 2600k by spending only 500-1000 bucks more -

for mobo he can get a P8H61-M LX for temporary use @ ~3.3k or get a quality Z68 mobo by spending around ~10k - but Op can only tell us if he is ready to spend a good amount for a quality mobo ;-)

OP
M

mrcool63

Journeyman
as per your advice guyss chose a 2600k. 17k from smc.. board got a p8z68-v for 10.5k.. overshot my budget but as you guys said HT will help a lot in video editing..

how is the motherboard?

Cilus

laborare est orare
mrcool63, just let us know one thing 1st: Are you planning to overclock your Processor, i.e. running it to higher frequency than the default one?

If yes then only go for i7 2600K, else i7 2600.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Then you have chosen one of the best combo.

Hey, You will need a CPU cooler to run 2600K @ 4GHz 24/7.

visit this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/142397-cpu-cooler-guide-sandy-bridge.html
I think it will be helpful

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for a 4Ghz ( Single Fan ) -4.5Ghz ( Dual Fan ) OC CM Hyper 212+ is more than enough ;-)

Top Bottom