help in buying phone arnd 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
pls help me out in selecting a new mobo. budget is max upto 15-16k.
my requirements are a 5mp camera, wifi, gud battery life and of course gud performance.
thnx in advance.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
1. Touch screen smart phone - Nokia X6
2. Qwerty - Nokia E72
3. Multimedia Phone - Samsung Jet
4. Android - Samsung Spica

What are your preferences like, OS or not , qwerty or not, is camera the main preference and all??

OP
U

undertakerthedead

Broken In
actually i dont have much knowledge about os so any will do, andqwerty too is not a real requirement( if it has then also no prob) 1st preference goes to performance and then camera and then battery life. so... pls help

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
how about nokiax6. i kinda liked it. how is the performance?
It has the same OS, hardware and hence same processing power as 5800. The only differences are capacitive touch screen, improved camera spec & 16GB internal memory.

Read the review here *bit.ly/bbw1FX

The one reviewed above is the 32GB version, which is not sold in India, we get the 16GB one and the sales package varies as shown here *bit.ly/adLxBc

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
For me it is not, since there is nothing new from 5800 and the aging symbian OS.

Since you are not particular about having a smart phone & need performance >> Camera >> Battery life, I feel Samsung Jet would suffice your needs, it has 800Mhz processor,5MP camera, out of the box Divx/Xvid playback capability, Brilliant AMOLED screen and hence improved battery backup and should cost you around 13.5K

Review here *bit.ly/9popQm

OP
U

undertakerthedead

Broken In
thnx for the help. i have another question. are thereany performance related issues in x6 or
samsung jet. and between the two which one is the better performer?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Jet is purely multimedia phone and is better in that regard but overall x6 is better. But do not pay anything more than 17k for 16gig x6. Also the OS and navigation features of x6 makes it a better buy. Just a thought, if camera is not high priority, get Nokia 5230 or 5233 and get ipod touch 8gb. Will cost more or less the same but the enjoyment will be lot more.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if x10 mini is available then consider X10 mini...it also have everything what X6 have and a better OS:mrgreen:...its small, light

its not worth to pay 4-5k just for the capacitive screen...better go with 5800

Yaah if OS is not required u can get Samsung Jet

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^at 20k X10mini is not worth it, it should be priced 16k to be successful...ya X10mini pro can be priced 20k coz of its qwerty keyboard

price can be confirmed by Dreamcatcher only:mrgreen:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@red dragon- Am everywhere actually. The x10 is no1 in the Uk and Japan so am happy. And for the Mini.Should be around 13k-14k.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

And its out.Available in kolkata for 13.5k dealer price. :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Perhaps a few users would be swayed by the general increase i speed and aesthetics from its boring counterparts nmes of which are withheld to abstain from any controversy. Also. A better cam. Better video recording or better sound quality wont crack the deal either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom