Help! Help!! Suddenly some new folders appeared in my G drive. Help!! What are they!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

life31

Journeyman
Hey just now I happened to check my G drive and suddenly I noticed some two folders named ff0f0a219308ae522998da6110d119af & MyWorks to be there.

I never added any items to it nor I installed any software having path G drive. Then how did they appear.

Let me tell you that my system has 5 partisions and G was empty. I never added any thing to it. But when I just opened it today this is what I saw.

The My works folder is empty and the ff0f0a219308ae522998da6110d119af folder conatins many files. But then i i try to open any file there it says acess denied!!

What is it??? HOW did they come there??? Should I deleate them???

I scanned the partition with Nod 32 but it does not show any virus and most of the files cannot be scanned or are denied scan.

Please help

shift

Seed is the Life!!
Re: Help! Help!! Suddenly some new folders appeared in my G drive. Help!! What are th

what files are there in ff0f0a219308ae522998da6110d119af folder?

if it say 'access is denied", then install unlocker from *ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

right click on that file and click unlocker. it will show what program use that particular file

those 2 folders might be be automatically created by software u installed
because some software search a drive to save file that has the most disk space

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Re: Help! Help!! Suddenly some new folders appeared in my G drive. Help!! What are th

Which OS you use?

Its possible that you must have incomplete installation of some software or a patch(like SP2)

OP
life31

life31

Journeyman

There r lots files in it. Something like

asferror.dll audiodev.dll mediareceiverregistrar wmdbexport wmp11 wmp.dll wmpband.dll wmpencen.dll wmpnscfg

Any idea what it is??? Ill try to use the ulocker.

Which OS you use?

Its possible that you must have incomplete installation of some software or a patch(like SP2)

Yep XP with SP2. Incomplete installation???? But then can I deleate those files ithout any problem to my OS

Last edited:

shift

Seed is the Life!!

seems u have incomplete installation of Windows Media Player 11.

reinstall wmp11.... and when its fully installed and cannot delete the folder, try this :

Install Unlocker, right click that folder and click Unlocker

click "Kill Process" or "Unlock All"

or if it says to delete at next reboot

then reboot..........

P.S : i'm sure Unlocker will help you delete any file ( except Windows system file and System Volume Information folder in NTFS partition )

thanks

OP
life31

life31

Journeyman

Yes that could be Media player files cos I had some problem the other day. When I inserted Movie DVD and said open with windows media player system used to reboot. But other CD or DVD worked fine

Will try fixing it ASAP.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom