Help harddisk not detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep410

Journeyman
I have 2 hard disk 1st one 150gb(one with OS) and 2nd 500 gb.Today morning i just removed my cdrom to use on my freinds pc when ii installed it back.My pc was taking loong time to start also my 2nd hard disk 500gb was missing.Then i just checked all connection and fitted all wires properly and when i booted again it showed 2 windows xp instead of one and when i choosed 1st one it gave some missing .sys file error and when i choosed 2nd one it said unable to read from hard disk error.
Also when i decided to boot from cdrom and reinstall OS it gets stuck on line detecting 47678767 on 1d bus atapi... something like this.
Can any1 help me with installing 2nd hard disk bec it had all files and also all my games.
Windows seem to load normally if i connect only 150gb hard disk but when i connect other 1 also it gives problem.
I am using segate sata harddisk.

plug in the cd-drive as normal and goto bios setting. give proper ordering of hdd and other drives. give higest priority to hdd having os

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I have a similar prob with my seagate 500gb hdd...it was working fine when next morning,i was switching on my comp & saw that the 500gb hard disk is not displaying in my computer...l even right clicked on my computer & in manage it still showed 1 hard drive...has my 500gb hard disk crashed??(again)..because i spoke to some people & they said my hard disk must be dead..is that true because my hdd had bad sectors before & i got it replaced from seagate but damn,is it the same prob again?Are all my data gone?is there any way to recover my data??
Sry to have hijacked your thread.... :)
-----------------------------------------

Last edited:
OP
S

sandeep410

Journeyman
I somehow managed to make my harddisk detectable but then it was giving some error like H drive $hmt failed to load blah blah.
And whenever i clicked on my data it gave an I/o error.

Its under my waranty so even i am thinking of getting it replaced.Btw how much days they took to give u a new 1.Did u replace in mumbai.
Even i am worried about my data i had like 300gb of games in it.

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I somehow managed to make my harddisk detectable but then it was giving some error like H drive $hmt failed to load blah blah.
And whenever i clicked on my data it gave an I/o error.

Its under my waranty so even i am thinking of getting it replaced.Btw how much days they took to give u a new 1.Did u replace in mumbai.
Even i am worried about my data i had like 300gb of games in it.

they took something like 5 days to replace it...yeah i replaced it in mumbai...

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Do they have home pick up service or do u need to go to their office and deliver it.

Erm i had to go to the shop i bought it from...they got it replaced after few days..so yeah u have to go to the office & deliver..don't think there is any home pick up service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom