Help guys!!! Phenom x6 1100T vs 2500K

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
My noob friend again visited the local shop Singh Computers of Asansol, West Bengal without me for quoting price of h/w.This is the link of his 1st time experience *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...c-buying-guide-july-2011-a-6.html#post1467088

Now, Today when he asked the price of i5 2500K, the shopkeeper replied "why are you taking this, phenom x6 1100T is far better than this & as same as i7 980X, phenom x6 1100T is unbeatable & no intel processor can beat this, even AMD Phenom is better than sandy bridge." Now my friend is confused what to buy, cause he is actually noob in h/w knowledge & really doesn't know how better sandy bridge is. I showed him all the benchmarks that prove sandy bridge is the biggest bad a*s but still he is confused. Moreover the shopkeeper said him not to see those benchmarks as well as not to follow forums too cause those things are foolish & fake according to him.

Now I want you guys to reply/comment on this above matter, so plz guys plzzzz help me & post lots of comment because I promised him that today I am gonna create a new thread & ask digit member to comment & he promised me that if he sees all the digit members are with sandy bridge then he will surely buy i5 2500K.

So, guys reply fast.........

TickTock

Broken In
When i visited Nehru place first time..same things noob shopkeepers told me "amd processors are unbeatable & no intel processor can beat this, even AMD Phenom is better than sandy bridge" But fact is Intel Sandy bridge both i5 and i7 are unbeatable in front of amd !

Tell you friend to buy i5 2500k confidently :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
shopkeepers have the habit of telling the opposite, always.

@nilgtx260, show your friend this chart: Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart. all his confusion will disappear in a second.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Most shopkeepers are got no Brains..I was asking for a Z68 Mobo price for a 2500K and idiot keep on insisting on a H61.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Go for 2500K+Z68/P67 combination or if you're not going to overclock choose 2300/2400/2500+H61/H67.

OP
nilgtx260

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
yeah I know we should go for i5 2500K but I want more comments from you guys so that he can see those comments & become convinced. So guys comment more...........& plz comment everyone.....& moreover what happened is my friend was alone at that time & that noob shopkeep had 2 more buddies with him who continuously pressurized him to buy phenom 1100T, so my friend fell short against them & became confused by their words.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Definitely the 2500k and btw, if your friend is not thinking of Overclocking, go for 2500 and save some bucks.

OP
nilgtx260

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
thanx guys,
My friend is gonna made this following setup, tell me how is it

i5 2500K
Asus Z8Z68 V Pro
Gskill 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1600MHz
WD Caviar Black 1TB
LG DVD Writer
Corsair TX 650V2
MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk/MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced

is XFX HD 6950 2GB is as good as MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC ?

that noob shopkeeper was telling Phenom 1100T with Asus Crosshair IV Forumula...huh what a joke :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanx guys,
My friend is gonna made this following setup, tell me how is it

i5 2500K
Asus Z8Z68 V Pro
Gskill 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1600MHz
WD Caviar Black 1TB
LG DVD Writer
Corsair TX 650V2
MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk/MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced

is XFX HD 6950 2GB is as good as MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC ?

that noob shopkeeper was telling Phenom 1100T with Asus Crosshair IV Forumula...huh what a joke :D

Very good purchase. And stay away from XFX.

OP
nilgtx260

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
thanx guys & why not XFX ? although MSI one is better in every aspect but still why not XFX ?

those guys are advising XFX GPU as well as XFX PSU ;) now tell me what is this ? ;) Corsair is better that is why :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stick with whatever you have finalized. XFX these days have issues regarding their coolers, their dual fan coolers are pretty noisy compared to the competition. You can get a nice bundle with Sapphire cards or out-of-the-box OC and a great cooler with MSI. XFX has neither. It's not bad, but currently there are better options. And it's a bit costlier too.

XFX PSUs are good, but Corsair is more tried and trusted. And offers a better warranty.

And last but not the least, XFX is handled by Rashi.

Case closed. ;)

Top Bottom