HELP !!! gona buy DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i called my h/w dealer to buy a DVD writer.
he was asking me my mobo config. whether i v 915 945 ... blah blah

and was asking me aapko ID wala chahiye ki sada vala .. i m clueless as to what he is talking abt?
he says DVD writer is diff for diff motherboards.

i plan to use this DVD writer for my
Intel Pentium D 102GGC2 AND my other PC PIII 810E

plz help ....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
may b man .... i dunno ... cud not hear his voice clearly over the line.. wats the difference.

will i be able to use it on both my PCs?

Raccoon

Journeyman
If your mobo has SATA port, it might be a better idea to go for SATA DVD drive. However, you'll likely not notice any difference in performance even if you go for IDE DVD drive. But for future compatibality (if relevant to you) its better to go for SATA.

If both your comps have SATA ports, then only go for SATA drive. Else IDE is the only option for you. I dont think your PIII will have a SATA port.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
oh.... i initially didnt understand wat it meant ...thanks for the clarification.
the older one doesnt have SATA. i will buy the IDE one ... Rs. 1250 is wat he quoted.
thanks

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, go for IDE, as even if the next gen mobos didn;'t hv a IDE, we ppl wud jus buy a new Optical drive, "kitne paise hi lagte hain" new optical drives ke liye yar. :D

Raccoon

Journeyman
I belive you can get IDE to SATA converters... and possibly vice versa too. Then you could use it on both comps.

As for prices, LG is going for about 1,050 to 1,100 and Moser Baer LiteOn for 1,200 in Poona. I'd think Bombay should be cheaper...

mar4ela

Right off the assembly line
i called my h/w dealer to buy a DVD writer.
he was asking me my mobo config. whether i v 915 945 ... blah blah

and was asking me aapko ID wala chahiye ki sada vala .. i m clueless as to what he is talking abt?
he says DVD writer is diff for diff motherboards.

i plan to use this DVD writer for my
Intel Pentium D 102GGC2 AND my other PC PIII 810E

plz help ....
bought it .... the IDE one ... working ... so far so good... thanks all
How much did you paid for it?

din

Tribal Boy
@Raccoon

From my experience, the IDE to SATA / SATA to IDE adapters / converters are not reliable. They may work, but not guaranteed.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
its slightly costlier in panvel here... if i goto vashi i cud v got it for Rs. 1100/-
but buying it near my house means, commuting expenses saved, any other needless expenditure saved, and by going to vashi chances of bumping into any female friends of mine and taking them out for a snack increase.
so this is cheaper.

added:
yea.. i think i sud change the h/w dealer.... i goto this fellow coz he normally replaces stuff if it is faulty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom