help from virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhiraj1

Broken In
i had installed kis2009 on my pc. Now it has disappeared form system tray. I have tried to re install it but i can't, it disappears again. So i formatted my C drive and tried to install antivirus but i got the same problem, even i can't install other antivirus. And also i can't see hidden files, when i check the show hidden files and when refresh that folder files goes again hidden. I dosen't want to format entire hdd. Please prescribe the way to getting rid of this.

red_devil

Back!
i guess you could boot into the SAFE MODE and run a scan on the PC...

as for the hidden files problem, refer :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

kartik_extreme

Right off the assembly line
i had installed kis2009 on my pc. Now it has disappeared form system tray. I have tried to re install it but i can't, it disappears again. So i formatted my C drive and tried to install antivirus but i got the same problem, even i can't install other antivirus. And also i can't see hidden files, when i check the show hidden files and when refresh that folder files goes again hidden. I dosen't want to format entire hdd. Please prescribe the way to getting rid of this.

After formatting C Drive have you installed your KIS'09 from some other partition say D:,E:,... drive ???

If YES, You might probably have ran the virus again by dbl-clicking your drive(other than C). Your drives may have autorun.inf files(not C, if formatted) which cause the virus to run again if u dbl-click other drives. Also your installation setup may be corrupt too.

As you said, these symptoms are ususally shown by Sality.Win32 like disabling kaspersky completely.

Either go for: (easy)
- Format your drive again, install a fresh copy of Windows.
- Do not touch any other drive (other partition, pen drive etc).
- Install Kaspersky from its installation CD not from any setup on HDD.
- Update KIS and scan your whole system.

Or go for: (hard)
- Run your system in safe mode.
- Start Registry Editor (Start->Run->type: regedit->Press ENTER)
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- In right pane, delete all keys except (default) key.
- Again browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Delete all keys except (default) key.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- In right pane, dbl-click on the key named "Shell", the value should be "Explorer.exe",
- If it is "Explorer.exe" leave it else modify it to "Explorer.exe".
- Exit Registry Editor
- Restart your sytem in normal mode and try to install KIS'09 from Installtion CD (not from HDD).

OP
S

sdhiraj1

Broken In
thanks kartik_extrem.
But i tried next trick. I have kis2009 in rar file in drive E: . I formatted C drive and installed fresh xp. I installed winrar form digit cd and browsed it to open kis2009.rar in drive E: and installed kis2009 without touching other drives. Updated it by offline update and scanned entire hdd.

It's working and not any problem till now. Is this works?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
In cases of virus, do a full system scan in safe mode or do online scanning.

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Try scanning with the following 2 softwares:

* *www.superantispyware.com/download.html
* *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Make sure that you have updated them to latest definitions and also go for full system scan.

Else you can go for Online Scanning, check list here: *mrintech.com/5-best-online-virus-scanners-you-can-use

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom