Help for getting a pc under 65k

flyingcow

Shibe
EDIT EDIT EDIT!

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans:BF3,Crysis3,Skyrim,Farcry 3,GTA 5 and a few games which would come..and probably a few softwares like After effects
but don't recommend a pc for that purpose please.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:65 k(Can extend to about 67k if its really worth it, and probably a few thousand bucks here and there consider it 70k).

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yea, when the PC gets old.(So dont suggest any Coolers.)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes.Dont know the resolution but should have HDMI port and 1080p.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Windows(If you know what i mean),cabinet,speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Feb Start.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Never built, by myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Buying from anywhere available(most probably Online).Live in Aurangabad, Maharashtra

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Im confused between AMD or intel(this PC is solely for gaming purposes only).
Need a 7950 or equivalent,or better, if fits in budget.
And if i could extend my budget should i go for a 670?
*www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-nvidia-g...f79&srno=m_1_1&otracker=from-search&query=670
8 gig ram is must, can add SSD later.
Please suggest a futureproof Rig.

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^Would you change your monitor in near future to a higher resolution one.For 1366*768,hd7950 is not required.
If you are not going to overclock the processor then you don't need i5 xxxxk series processors and if you won't overclock you don't need a Z77 motherboard.
A good H77 motherboard would do.

techdabangg

Broken In
@OP - April is too far. Hardware prices fluctuate a lot and new components get added every now and then. Please come back at the end of March so the tech gurus here would be able to help you in more defined manner.

@Mods - Please close this thread as we can not help OP right now. Let him open the thread once again at the end of March.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Start a thread around 1 Month before the planned purchase time, no point of discussing now. Closing the thread.

Thread reopened as per your new requirements

Buying everything from Flipkart isn't a good idea as most of the computer components are overpriced over there. There are plenty of online shops like smcinternational.in, Theitwares.com, Primeabgb.com, mdcomputers.in which offer better prices and very reputed in their field. You should buy from them.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
Start a thread around 1 Month before the planned purchase time, no point of discussing now. Closing the thread.

Thread reopened as per your new requirements

Buying everything from Flipkart isn't a good idea as most of the computer components are overpriced over there. There are plenty of online shops like smcinternational.in, Theitwares.com, Primeabgb.com, mdcomputers.in which offer better prices and very reputed in their field. You should buy from them.

Ok ill buy from there but can you suggest me an new amd or intel rig?(with good GPU which gives 50-60 fps on Bf3 AA disabled).
I am going to upgrade my monitor in the future but not now.
Thank you.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is my suggestion:-

Intel Core i5 3470 @ 11.5K
MSI ZH77A-G41 @ 5.88K
G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz CL9 4GB X 2 @ 3K
WD caviar Green 1TB SATA 6 Gbps with 64 MB cache @ 4.2K
Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse @ 1.5K
Logitech K200 Keyboard @ 0.4K
Corsair GS600 PSU @ 4.6K
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.6K
BenQ GW2250 VA Panel Full HD LED @ 8.6K
Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC with Boost @ 22K
APC 600VA UPS @ 2K

Total: 66.28K

Myth

Cyborg Agent
The prices and the items themselves will change in 3 months. Pointless asking for a config now.

PS: What will be the UPS backup with the current config under normal usage ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Myth, OP is willing to buy at January end, that's why I've reopened his thread.

Hitman4, 600VA will provide enough time to shut down the system after saving the work.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Yes,APC 600VA would be able to provide back-up to that config in normal usage and also under some higher loads.
The processor here is a locked one.Only in case the HD7950 is heavily overclocked the UPS might not be able to provide back-up.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
thank you,
can some1 please provide the benchmarks for some games?(bf3,c2,skyrim etc)
And what will be the boot up time(approx.)?
And yes, one more thing, will an amd rig cost any diff in money?
Im ready to extend my budget to 70k if ill get more performance than this rig.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then get an AMD FX 8350 @ 12.5K + Asus M5A97 @ 6.6K or change the processor to Intel Core i5 3550.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Hmm. op has a monitor

"No,I have a HP w185(18 inch, 1366 x 768)"

so this BenQ GW2250 VA Panel Full HD LED @ 8.6K can be replaced with this OCZ Agility 3 120 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (AGT3-25SAT3-120G) - OCZ: Flipkart.com or *www.flipkart.com/corsair-force-ser...ersonalhistoryFooter_internal_hard_drive_1_nr
or something similar(search flipkart)

SDD's have lightning fast boot speed. You will feel your pc running on steroids if u get this

Read reviews of product for more details.

or if you are more interested in graphics performance / system performance, invest on a better gpu than 7950 (like 7970) or cpu(better i5 or i7)

But i5+7950+ssd would really give steriods to computer.

Last edited:
OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
can some One please provide the benchmarks for some games?(bf3,c2,skyrim etc)

Ok sorry guys, changed my decision,
1.My budget is now 70k.
2.I want to overclock
3.Want a monitor too.
4.And an SSD
Should i make a new thread?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Update your first post, since most people will refer to that to suggest the rig. No need to make another thread.

Using the config suggested by Cilius, as reference.
Overclocking with intel will raise the total by 6k for proc+mobo.
If you go for the amd option, just add 2k.
For OCing you will need an additional cpu cooler. Adds 1.4k (CM TX3) or 2.2k(CM 212 Evo).

Monitor is already included.

SSD will speed up your boot times and appl/game loading times. No difference in actual gameplay.
Regarding a SSD, consider a 128gb as the minimum. Anything less will see you fall short of space pretty quickly and anything more is quite expensive. (Personally I believe an SSD is far from vfm. One doesnt need it unless the budget permits after all other components are bought already)
6k-7k for a 128gb ssd.
IMO, skip the ssd. Instead invest in a WD black 1tb.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ op

Go for fx 8350 if you want to overclock. Pair it with asus m5a97 motherboard. Rest of the config should be same.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Go with AMD configuration....
G-Skill RipjawX 1600 MHz CL9 4GB X 2 @ 3K
WD caviar Green 1TB SATA 6 Gbps with 64 MB cache @ 4.2K
Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse @ 1.5K
Logitech K200 Keyboard @ 0.4K
Corsair GS600 PSU @ 4.6K
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.6K
BenQ GW2250 VA Panel Full HD LED @ 8.6K
Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC with Boost @ 22K
APC 600VA UPS @ 2K
AMD FX 8350 @ 12.5K + Asus M5A97 @ 6.6K
1.4k (CM TX3)

Total 70.2K

Also You wont need a ssd right on you can always add on later.

Also intel rig would go out of budget provided you do not compromise on GPU which is not a good idea.

But i think you would need better UPS.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The above configuration looks good. Regarding cooler, my recommendation is to pay 2.2K and get the Hyper 212 Evo cooler. This is the best VFM cooler and you can overclock FX-8350 to 4.8 GHz or higher with it.

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
hmmm...
Do i really need a ups? As the city where i live in has no power cuts(only once or twice 3months)
could i cut the ups and get some other better part?
And can someone tell me what will happen if i dont use ups and power goes off?
And please give the benchmarks of this rig(suggested by draco) on Bf3, skyrim and crysis 2.
Thank you

Top Bottom