Help, Everything seems lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukaida

In the zone
I have used partition magic 8 for repartioning my c drive. I have 4 partitions.After the successful completion of the operation, nothing happened to C drive and the other partions become in accessable.Whenever I click on any partition it gives a prompt to format.
But inside partition magic, it correctly shows the old volume names and the amount of information contained in the disk. Is there any way to recover them or everything has gone? I have used a backup software named restoration which shows the files with $ symbols but couldnot retrieve any of them. BTW I have not done anything to those partion till now hoping to recover the datas. I donot know whether this is the correct forum for this question but my brain is simply not working after this disaster.Pleeeeeeeese help.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Seems that your partition table is messed up somehow.
Try Puppylinux liveCD and see if it can read them. Try other liveLINux too ..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
go the old school way .... boot using secondary bootable media such a win98 floppy or cd .... format ur partitions

OP
bukaida

bukaida

In the zone
@Ricky: man, I donot know how to thank you.Your solution worked like a piece of cake. I had DSL from old digit cd and could copy the files in a new harddisk easily by mounting both of them.Only thing is ,it is taking too much time but again it is ok.
And yes, formatting the partition was not my issue.I wanted to save my data.
Thank you very much again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom