Help/Doubts regarding my first DSLR for 35k

dinupoy

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys, finally,here it is! I purchased D5100 for 34k and Nikkor 55-300mm for 16k. Love it and is slowly getting a hang of it!!Thanks for all the help :)

Cheers!!

Hi Windchimes, Can you please advice where you baught Nikon D5100 camera? i planning to buy one next week. you get manufacturer warranty for that?

Thanks in advance for your response

Dinesh

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi Windchimes, Can you please advice where you baught Nikon D5100 camera? i planning to buy one next week. you get manufacturer warranty for that?

Thanks in advance for your response

Dinesh

Dinupoy, I got my cam from Kerala and yes with 2 years warranty. They did quote around 36 initially, I waited a couple more days and checked prices from many other dealers and then went back and again asked for the last price. By that time most were ready to offer it for 34.5 k. Then I told the guy that someone else offered it for 34k in the city and if you can give me for the same I'll purchase it then and there. Then he said yes and I grabbed the
cam :)

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
And here is my second click with the cam. [ First was of my mom :) There is extensive compression here though

Sounava

In the zone
And here is my second click with the cam. [ First was of my mom :) There is extensive compression here though

It is a nice capture. But why did you use f/5.6? You could have used a wider aperture to blur the background more. You shot it at 24mm so I think it would have been possible to go till f/4.

Composition is nice. If this is your second photo then you are sure going to improve :)

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Thanks Sounava. Well, there I didn't really bother on the aperture size . I just checked whether the flower is in focus and then clicked. Yet to get a firm understanding on clicking a pic to its best by understanding the aperture size, distance and lighting condition. If you can lead me to any simple locations where these are explained then plzzz.. :)

You shot it at 24mm so I think it would have been possible to go till f/4.

How you made this comment and the equation of the two?? Seeking pardon in any stupidity in the query :D

Secondly, I am having an issue with shooting in dark. I guess there is some glare from the lens that is captured on image.Please find the image in the attachment. How this is happening and hard to take it as an issue in cameras? Or, is it common? Really bugging it is. How can this be rectified?

Looking forward..

sujoyp

Grand Master
strange...never seen this issue before:???:

Ok here is the table for Nikkor 18-55 VR aperture vs focal length

Maximum Aperture
18mm f/3.5

24mm f/4

35mm f/5

45mm f/5.3

55mm f/5.6

If by any chance u r still confused f/3.5 aperture is bigger then f/11
the bigger the aperture ...the more light comes in..
The more light comes in ...you can use lower ISO(100,200) and faster shutter speeds(1/320, 1/400)
The lower the ISO the cleaner the picture and faster shutter speed helps in taking hand holding shots...

agyaat

Broken In
I am having an issue with shooting in dark. I guess there is some glare from the lens that is captured on image.Please find the image in the attachment. How this is happening and hard to take it as an issue in cameras? Or, is it common? Really bugging it is. How can this be rectified?

Looking forward..

The ghost or flare can have some causes such as:
a. filter attached in front of the lens (I suppose you did not have the hood on the lens as well). Example
b. another source of light other than the wicks? Even if it is the flame from the wicks causing it, it could have happened, I believe, as you perhaps were reasonably close to the thing.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Thanks Sujoy for the chart. Yeah I know the fundas you mentioned.

The ghost or flare can have some causes such as:
a. filter attached in front of the lens (I suppose you did not have the hood on the lens as well). Example
b. another source of light other than the wicks? Even if it is the flame from the wicks causing it, it could have happened, I believe, as you perhaps were reasonably close to the thing.

Thanks agyaat.

a) I have a Marumi UV Haze filter attached. And there wasn't a hood attached ,but the wicks were the only light source present. Thanks for the flickr link you provided. But can a filter create such an issue? :(

b) The issue has nothing to do with the distance I guess, since I clicked a pic of a halogen bulb on the wall which was at a fair distance and the flare was again there :(

Top Bottom