Broken In
When ever i start my computer after the bios screen it is displaying:
"DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
I can enter into BIOS setup .
I made the boot sequence devices as
First Boot Device: CDROM
Second Boot Device: Hard Disk
Third Boot Device: Removable disc.

I have got a new hard disc installed in the computer and wanted to install the OS. Now I put the XP installation disc and turn on the computer ... I am getting the error. Can anyone help me?

Scott274

Broken In
Even I am having this problem. Everybody told me my hard drive was slowly going bad and to get a new one. You say you had a new hard disk installed. Don't know but it might be a manufacturing hardware problem in which case return it back to the shop or you might have done something wrong while installing the drive.

OP
B

buzzzzrr

Broken In
I bought the HDD yesterday only....:confused:
From bios i can see it is recognizing the HDD, CD rom... dont khow what might be the problem..

kapsicum

spice it up
this boot failure error doesn't always means dat HDD is bad/crashed ....its a rather a rare case ..
it can happen when system while booting cant find proper windows installation due to files corruption or when no OS is not found...
use a "Bootable" XP Installation Disk to install & set First Boot Device as CDROM ... so you'll get a message something like "press any key to boot from CD.. "

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
Usually this happens when ur MBR is wiped out - a simple reinstall/cleaninstall may do the job.
Also check if thr cd is bootable or not and the CD-rom is detected in bios.

OP
B

buzzzzrr

Broken In
^^
yes...the dvdrom is detected in BIOs. The installation disk is also bootable as i installed XP severel times from it.

this boot failure error doesn't always means dat HDD is bad/crashed ....its a rather a rare case ..
it can happen when system while booting cant find proper windows installation due to files corruption or when no OS is not found...
use a "Bootable" XP Installation Disk to install & set First Boot Device as CDROM ... so you'll get a message something like "press any key to boot from CD.. "
thats the thing i am trying to do...but it is not booting from the disc.

>>>> took the CPU to the service center today. The DVD Writer was the culprit. Though it was detected in BIOS but it could not read the disk. :???:

Last edited:

kapsicum

spice it up
DVD writer problem!!! .... dat was really least expected in ur case...more so since it was detected in BIOS

well we can never understand wat can happen when....true regarding machines too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom