Help creating vcd with Nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr123

Broken In
Hello,

I downloaded a movie that was in .avi format. The total size of the file was around 580MB.

I want to make a vcd of the movie using Nero. When I tried doing the same, Nero first analysed the file and then displayed that it required around 1650 MB of space.

My querry is, would Nero automatically split the movie into three parts to be able to write to 3 cds of that can store 700MB each ? Because a single disk cannot hold all of 1650Mb of the movie.

Should I go ahead with writing the movie as a vcd with Nero ??? :confused:

Please help.

Thanks.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
A surer way would be to convert the avi to mpeg1 and the split it into the sizes you want using VCDCutter ( a very old software, not used it in years). you can then burn the mpegs as vcd.
Why do you want a vcd? the avi must be an xvid/divx mpeg4, a more efficient format (unless you want to play this on a home vcd player). Then again, i would suggest you to buy yourself a dvd writer if you dont have 1. It should fit on a dvd (mpeg2) and blank dvds are very cheap nwadays too.
Cheapest vcd = 6 x 3 = Rs. 18
Cheapest dvd = 10 x 1 =Rs. 10

OP
S

sr123

Broken In
Thanks Free Radical,

Your suggestion about writing to a DVD is a good one, but I don't have a DVD writer yet. I can always play the movie on my computer, but I want to play it on the TV through my DVD player. That's why I want to convert it to a VCD.

I have a few querries for you. I have several s/w for converting the avi into a different format. But should I convert it to a Standard MPEG-1 or into a VCD MPEG format. Since almost all s/w have these two as separate options.

I also have VCD Cutter so splitting the file should not be a problem. I just want to know which particular format should I convert the avi file into.

Thanks again for your help. :p

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Nero will not automatically trim the video. Infact it will not allow you to burn if you place a 700MB CD. DVD is required for that. Since you don't have one, I suggest the following method:
1. Convert the whole avi file to MPEG-I format using Free Super Converter.
2. Now split the MPG into segments using VCD Cutter. Keep each segment size less than 700MB.
3. Now rip the MPG segments using Nero to VCD format.

Pathik

Google Bot
Yea... 1st convert it and then write it to a cd...
and AFAIK even if u write it as a data cd with a mpeg or dat then it ll still work in newer players..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom