help cpu powering off : changing mobo intel p4 /biostar g31 m+

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ aditya_ - here's an easy way : Just Grab a CM Hyper TX3 @ ~1.35k and Corsair VS450 @ 2.2k / CX430v2@ 2.4k ;-)

OP
A

aditya_

Broken In
Aditya please don't feel bad but I seriously think you need to take help from some professional.

Please don't experiment with your computer components.

Use good quality thermal paste and it should come in the syringe style and not in a bottle.

Buy a good quality PSU also known as SMPS or simply power supply.
i did end up taking help from a hardware guy in the end. but the result is still the same. 5 days latter the cpu is still powering off. and i am ending up adjusting the psu connecting wires again and again just to get it started have it run for 1-2 hours and then power off again.i have a CM budget cpu fan.
i had placed an order on flipkart for cooler master extreme 500w psu, no idea why it takes very long to get it.

OP
A

aditya_

Broken In
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W 500 Watts PSU .
3500Rs.
I had placed order for this 4 days ago. it takes 12 days for delivery and its status is still in processing.

what is a better option for a 500W PSU. I am thinking 500W will be good as you cant go wrong with more power.

@Arjun :| dar ke mare cancel kar di.
whats the best psu for 3k?

OP
A

aditya_

Broken In
i have seen it how is that compared to CX 430 w. I am not able to understand one thing.
if it has 500w i am assuming it will supply power properly to all components. and in general more power is better right?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
read the power supply guide in psu section. extreme power can't offer full power. though there are exceptions where extreme power has ran highend gpu but its better to avoid risk.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - for your config the CX430v2 is more than enough ... so get that and save some money and use it to get a good after market cooler like CM TX3.

OP
A

aditya_

Broken In
if i was to change the pentium 4 to dual core?

i have a nvidia xfx geforce 8800T graphics card installed.

helion

Broken In
Your mobo says it will support Core Duo and Core Quad as well. You may skip the Pentium D and buy a Core 2 Duo/Quad depending on your budget, to make best use of the performance of the hardware.

OP
A

aditya_

Broken In
yes i am planing to do so, fed up trying to pump life into a dying thing.

whats a good PSU and Cooler fan for this config below
mobo biostar g31m+
processor core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
graphics card nvidia xfx geforce 8800GT
ram ddr2 1GB x2
dvd rw/w sony
hd segate 320GB.
cabinet zebronics

helion

Broken In
This thread may now go on to PCconfig/components thing :D. Any way the usual options for you depend basically on the budget.

a. Sellout the present gear(mobo+processor+maybe RAM) and get 2nd Gen Core I products at the possible budget level.

b. Upgrade - max the RAM(size and MHz) and change the processer to the better one fitting in the budget. This may require you to sell out the existent RAM. More RAM usually puts you in good stand wrt future, because the softwares usually keep getting more RAM hungry before they get processor hungry.

CoolerMaster PSU calculator is useful to have an idea of what the power requirements will be.

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
yes i am planing to do so, fed up trying to pump life into a dying thing.

whats a good PSU and Cooler fan for this config below
mobo biostar g31m+
processor core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
graphics card nvidia xfx geforce 8800GT
ram ddr2 1GB x2
dvd rw/w sony
hd segate 320GB.
cabinet zebronics

@ aditya_ - here's an easy way : Just Grab a CM Hyper TX3 @ ~1.35k and Corsair VS450 @ 2.2k / CX430v2@ 2.4k ;-)

:razz:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think he must have got a pentium 5xxx series dual core cpu ;-)

@ OP - congrats on your purchase.

OP
A

aditya_

Broken In
intel 3 GHz LGA 775 Dual Core E5700 Processor rs 3400

HOW THE HECK DO I CONNECT THE BLOCK TYPE POWER CABLE OF THIS PSU??? The cx 430 v2
i tried using the old psu cable but it didnt even power up

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
have a look at here :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/154203-ac-power-cord-problem.html#post1607444

Top Bottom