Help buying 6670

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am gaming at 1366x resolution @ mid settings. So i decided to buy 6670 (budget constraints), so i browsed in flipkart. Now they have two variants,

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: Flipkart.com

Gigabyte AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 2 GB DDR3 GV-R667D3-2GI Graphics Card: Flipkart.com

one is 2GB and one is 1GB. Now surprisingly 2GB one is lesser than 1GB. Does that make big impact in game's performance?

I am not much into memory, but just wanna know?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, both of them has Shader Model 5, Shader support is the property of the GPU, not the memory associated with it. Here both of them are using same GPU, while Gigabyte offering 2GB andfor Sapphire, it is 1 GB. GPUGigabyte cards cost lesser than Sapphire model and 2Gb memory is a marketing gimmick. But as you know, for the lower end cards, 1GB or 2GB does not matter much as they're not enough powerful to use more than 1GB Video Memory. Here you need to look for a faster memory which can provide higher memory bandwidth.

My suggestion is to spend little more and get a Sapphire or MSI HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 version which offers more than twice the memory bandwidth of the DDR3 version. It will cost you around 5.2 to 5.4K and offers better performance than the DDR3 version.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Thanks for clearing it up. Since flipkart mentioned SM5 in one model and left blank in other one, i was confused.

BTW This is what you mentioned? It is 5.6k compared to 4.7k for DDR3.

How much performance difference i can expect for DDR5, compared to DDR 3. I game at 1366x resolution and don't want eye candy, so low-med settings will do.

Flash

Lost in speed
What?
1GB DDR3 costs more than 2GB DDR3 in flipkart. Check with them, before you buy.

Is the Gigabyte's in flipkart is Factory-overclocked edition?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ You have it already? Whats your specs? What res are you playing? Are you able to play GTA4 in decent resolution at good fps?

Flash

Lost in speed
Yes. I play at 1440*900, with some options maxed out for many games. (Coz of my monitor's optimal resolution)
Haven't played GTA4.

Neo

IIRC, 1GB GDDR5 version was available some where for 4.8k. Search. You may find it cheap.
Also cost2cost sells it for 5k

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Neo

cost2cost pricing :
Sapphire 6670 @ 5050 INR
PowerColor 5770 @ 5.5k

Which one is good? I think 5770 is better than 6670.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Yes.
The 5770 is significantly better than the 6670.

Also, though it consumes more power, performance-wise, its even better than 7750 @ 7k. So, just buy it :wink:

Here is relative performance -
The 5770 rounds up being 4 % faster than 7750 and 31 % faster than the 6670.

*imageshack.us/a/img560/7466/perfrel1920.gif

Attachments

• perfrel_1920.gif
    perfrel_1920.gif
    74.5 KB · Views: 106
Top Bottom