Heidi - Girl of the alps

roady

Digital Marketer
Hey guys,

If you are the 90's person, you must have watched Heidi cartoon series on CN. Now that it's not there anymore, does anyone know of any website/place/whatever from where I can buy the DVD? It was a damn good classic cartoon series and my cousins want to watch it. There are episodes on the web but NONE in English. So if anyone knows of any good source with english dubbed or even subtitles included for the entire 52 episodes, please share the information!

FYI: Heidi, Girl of the Alps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rak2410

"Winter is coming"
Hey guys,

If you are the 90's person, you must have watched Heidi cartoon series on CN. Now that it's not there anymore, does anyone know of any website/place/whatever from where I can buy the DVD? It was a damn good classic cartoon series and my cousins want to watch it. There are episodes on the web but NONE in English. So if anyone knows of any good source with english dubbed or even subtitles included for the entire 52 episodes, please share the information!

Even i was looking for this :)
I found it here which is the original japanese version with english subs .. its still damn good :)
"*kissanime.com/Anime/Heidi-Girl-of-the-Alps"

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey guys,

its not a cartoon, its Anime :wink:

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Heidi! The girl who belongs to the Mountains! Taken by her aunt to the Alps to her grandfather's home. Where he meets Peter, a shepherd and his goats. Heidi also meets many other people in next few years who will be vital to her understanding of the world. Heidi goes on an adventure where she forms a relationship with the Alps.

I still remember when I first saw Heidi on cartoon network MANY years ago, I fall in love with the character. Her innocence and love for everyone was something I felt deeply enchanted to. I explored the mountains with her. Her departure from the mountains and the deep sorrow that came with it. And the rejoice of her meeting with her grandpa after a long while. The show aired two times on Cartoon Network. And I watched the reruns again and with the same enthusiasm.

I liked the series so much that I started to write it myself on a notebook. I thought maybe I can convert this 'cartoon' into a book. I also arranged a picture of Heidi cut from a newspaper TV show listing section. Later I came to know that the Series was based on Johanna Spyri's book. It was then that I stopped writing. Still have few pages of it written and can post its pic if someone's interested. :p

In retrospect that was my First Anime! Feels good to have started watching anime with this series. Although I watched it in dub. It took me a while to get the episodes but now I have the anime in its original language! Thanks roady to create this thread and to make me feel nostalgic all over again! :)

Gollum

Collector
I liked the series so much that I started to write it myself on a notebook. I thought maybe I can convert this 'cartoon' into a book. I also arranged a picture of Heidi cut from a newspaper TV show listing section. Later I came to know that the Series was based on Johanna Spyri's book. It was then that I stopped writing. Still have few pages of it written and can post its pic if someone's interested. :p

post it here

Aha.. Aha..
Aha.. Aha..
Kilimanjaro Ladki Parvat Ki Yaaro
Isska Roop Nihaaro Yaaro Yaaro
Aha.. Aha..
Aha.. Aha..
Mohenjo Daro Issko Dil Mein Utaaro
Jungle Jungle Pukaro Yaaro Yaaro
Aha.. Aha..
Aha.. Aha..

Rajni sir is also a fan of the series.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Aha.. Aha..
Aha.. Aha..
Kilimanjaro Ladki Parvat Ki Yaaro
Isska Roop Nihaaro Yaaro Yaaro
Aha.. Aha..
Aha.. Aha..
Mohenjo Daro Issko Dil Mein Utaaro
Jungle Jungle Pukaro Yaaro Yaaro
Aha.. Aha..
Aha.. Aha..

Rajni sir is also a fan of the series.

^^ WTF was that? What is the source of this poem? :?

tkin

Back to school!!
I was born in the 90's. Then why haven't I heard of this anime? When was this aired on CN?
No english version available worldwide: Heidi, Girl of the Alps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I knew this anyway, I had been searching for the series for a very long time. A guy was running a project where he was converting them to english one by one, last I saw he went to 13 I think, I need to search for it again, but as far as I remember he stopped or just gave up.

Last hope is to search if anyone ever recorded them in India using a TV Tuner card. Maybe we can put the audio in one of the hq japanese videos available and make do. But back then computer penetration was very low and the anime culture did not set in, so chances are again very low.

Heidi and Ninja robots are two series I'll pay handsomely to get my hands on, I found only the first half of Ninja robots in english, the second half is lost like Heidi.

- - - Updated - - -

Somewhere in early 2000s, I guess.
2001 according to wikipedia.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Its very odd that its not available considering the legendary animator who made, it, most of his work are world famous and can be found all over the net: Hayao Miyazaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I was able to find the series in its Original language. And Subbed in English. I think it's more than fine since Anime's are meant to be watched in original language. :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Well, I was able to find the series in its Original language. And Subbed in English. I think it's more than fine since Anime's are meant to be watched in original language. :p
I'd agree in most cases but Heidi was different. It had excellent voice acting. Also people might argue but somehow for me, the emotions do not come through subtitles. If I cannot watch the characters when reading subtitles I miss the emotions.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'd agree in most cases but Heidi was different. It had excellent voice acting. Also people might argue but somehow for me, the emotions do not come through subtitles. If I cannot watch the characters when reading subtitles I miss the emotions.

Well, I watched the original and re-runs in English dubbed only. So I would do appreciate if I can find an English dubbed version.

Btw, Cartoon Network must have the original prints of Heidi.

In similar way, Sab TB must have the original print of Captain Vyom, which I so desperately want! There must be a way to buy the discs from them! Anyone have any relative in Media company?

RBX

In the zone
The version on BakaBT has even German and Spanish in addition to Japanese, but surprisingly no English audio.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i searched for the book a lot and found it, read it in just 3 days. awesome story and great character..

book is a must read

Buy Heidi (Collins Classics) Book Online at Low Prices in India | Heidi (Collins Classics) Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

Buy Heidi (Puffin Classics) Book Online at Low Prices in India | Heidi (Puffin Classics) Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

Top Bottom