headphone help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I own a pair of Philips SHP2500 and I can say that they are very comfortable to wear. However they are not that good for music as the bass is a bit lean and treble is a bit too sharp. Also the cable is miles long and the headphones are best used with a high power source like PC or music system and with music player and mobile phones it starts struggling. However for movies and gaming on PC, nothing beats the 2500 at that price. I bought it for 600 six months ago.

OP
pulkit_aga

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
finally got shp 2700 for 1250 rs from philips showroom
it really looks and feels good.

this is a small review
look:looks good,single wire from headset,earcups are big

comfort:very comfortable,light weight

sound :good sound quality,can feel the bass and effects,sound is clear and does not hurt the ears,though the sound is loud and clear its not really loud as some people might want for me it is more than enough.

performance:performs well in gaming,movies,music

one thing which i found missing was the volume controller it would have been nice if it had a volume controller.

overall really nice pair of headsets and VFM. i am happy and satisfied with it.

thanks everyone for suggetion and guidance.
philips shp 2700 is really a good headphone for its price.

OP
pulkit_aga

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
this is something about shp 2500 that i would like to add

though 2500 is not as good as 2700 it is good enough for the price point it sells than other brands selling at similar pricepoint.so if your budget is around 600-700rs i think this is the bestbuy.it is also a good headset and not bad at all for its price.

but you might find it difficult to get these as told by philips shopkeeper that they are not getting any new piece of 2500 from company and so it might be available only with very few those who have some old stock left.to quote his word "consider yourself lucky if you are able to get one.it was one of the best selling model for quite sometime"

2700 is easily available,so my advice is if budget is around 600 rs get 2500 but if the budget is 1000rs add 200rs more and get 2700.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Congrats on your buying .
Btw , 2700 actually little weak in bass, so play with equalizer . Dont worry , unlike other headphone musix dont get distorted with tweaked eq.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would pick the Panasonic headset instead of SHP2500 (though it costs around 999). i felt that it is much more better than SHP2500. SHP2700 is in a different league altogether

congrats for your purchase. How come you are getting good bass out-of-the-box? It took around a week for my friend to get to actual audio quality.

Tamoghno

Padawan
@ desibond

can you tell the model of panny you're talking about please . i always had great faith in panny but they're so hard to find !

OP
pulkit_aga

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
I would pick the Panasonic headset instead of SHP2500 (though it costs around 999). i felt that it is much more better than SHP2500. SHP2700 is in a different league altogether

congrats for your purchase. How come you are getting good bass out-of-the-box? It took around a week for my friend to get to actual audio quality.

ya desibond panasonic headphone specs are better than 2500 and it should perform better than shp2500 but there are 2 problem which some one might face 1st is the availability it is very difficult to get a panasonic headset as there are not much store that keep it and panasonic stores are itself less in number,2nd is the price i meant 2500 for the person with budget around 600rs max should get it rather than buying the similar priced cheaper stuff, at 1000rs there are several good options or one can look for the evergreen ep630.

regarding the bass yes it is light but i can feel some of it waitng for burn in period to see its full potential

@ desibond

can you tell the model of panny you're talking about please . i always had great faith in panny but they're so hard to find !

he is talking about panasonic RP-HT260,and yes panasonic are hard to find.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom