HDMI will it works.........!!!!!!!!

ADI8893

Broken In
2 days ago i bought a new 32 inch LED TV (SONY R42)AND a home theater system (SONY DAV-TZ145)............ now i am facing problem that when ever i use to play videos from pen drive the file format doesn't support so i started converting the files into the supported formats .i found this little bit difficult.
so i thought that if i would connect the tv and the home theater system using a HDMI Cable and then plug-in the pen drive (i am also having 1tb of HDD with FAT32) into the home theater system contenting with original format of videos and movies then i hope it could play it without any conversion. plz find out am i right or wrong ????????

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
It is possible only if your HT supports the file formats you have. And note, HDMI has nothing got to do with the playback of files. It depends on the playback capability of your TV or HT. If you don't want to convert the movies then buy a basic hd media player like asus oplay mini.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
It is possible only if your HT supports the file formats you have. And note, HDMI has nothing got to do with the playback of files. It depends on the playback capability of your TV or HT. If you don't want to convert the movies then buy a basic hd media player like asus oplay mini.
sorry but i dont want to but anything more..........but the HT supports (MPEG4)MP4,M4V (XVID)avi.and my tv is HD Ready.....you mean to say that if i want to play a 1024 resolution of file it would not be supported by the player or the TV then what is the basic purpose of HDMI Cable...... :|

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Cable is just to "transfer" content bro. It has got nothing to do with the type of media you're playing.

Also, if the TV is 1080p ready or not, it WILL play that content if thrown, so forget that case.

Double check that the file you're trying to play is of the format supported by your player. And do check the container too, sometimes they can be the culprit.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
^Cable is just to "transfer" content bro. It has got nothing to do with the type of media you're playing.

Also, if the TV is 1080p ready or not, it WILL play that content if thrown, so forget that case.

Double check that the file you're trying to play is of the format supported by your player. And do check the container too, sometimes they can be the culprit.

then what is the purpose of using HDMI cable if it doesn't allow me to play the videos directly (without converting it ) using the home theater ??????????/

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I think you are mistaken here. HDMI cable is for displaying content from your HT or DTH or Blu-Ray player on the TV. It does not decode your video. The playback depends on your TV or HT whichever you use for playing the file. So, if your HT can't play a file then it simply won't display the movie irrespective of whatever HDMI cable you use. In simple words, your player should have the capability to decode the video.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
then what is the purpose of using HDMI cable if it doesn't allow me to play the videos directly (without converting it ) using the home theater ??????????/

The use of HDMI cable is to stream 1080p video+audio on a single channel, which any other cable can't do. All decoding stuffs are handles by your HT.

OP
A

ADI8893

Broken In
I think you are mistaken here. HDMI cable is for displaying content from your HT or DTH or Blu-Ray player on the TV. It does not decode your video. The playback depends on your TV or HT whichever you use for playing the file. So, if your HT can't play a file then it simply won't display the movie irrespective of whatever HDMI cable you use. In simple words, your player should have the capability to decode the video.

ok............when i plug in pen drive directely to TV it plays all videos but when i plug in to HT it shows the VIDEO RESOLUTION IS NOT SUPPORTED. if i connet the ExHDD using the usb port of the TV it will it support or not if supports then how to switch over between dual audios......???

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^It will support, as long as the file system is supported. And dual audio switching can be done by in TV menus.

Top Bottom