iball 400W SMPS 650

old things
Samsung 15" monitor
k/b+mouse
Samsung DVD writer
Cabinet
speakers
Sparkle 7300GS/256Mb Pci-e card

I assembled the cabinet started the PC and asked him to do the partitions and install windows, as he had done it before.
He started with Windows Xp Pro bootable CD, created a 50 GB NTFS c: and finished the installation.
On booting, in Windows, he launched disk management to create another 100 GB partition. While the windows was formatting the partition, he by mistake pressed reset button.
Now nothing is happening..all partitions are gone. Even in Windows setup, we can see 238 GB unallocated free space (whole HDD) but can't create ne partitions.
As soon as we enter the required partition (eg 40000 MB) size and hit enter, the setup comes back to the previous screen, asking to select the setup partition.

PLz help as he as his mom is cursing me for not helping..
sorry for the long post..
Thanks in advance..

bump...

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try using Partition Magic to recover the space.
Its better to use Partition magic bootable disk. Orelse try on windows.

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
"As soon as we enter the required partition (eg 40000 MB) size and hit enter, the setup comes back to the previous screen, asking to select the setup partition."

windows can't create ne partitions.
i tried Partition Magic 7 bootable CD but even it shows full 238Gb free unallocated space..but shows write, read errors while creating the partitions..even 1GB FAt32 partition is not happening..

avikchaks

Ex-KGB
Maybe bring his hard disk over to ur place and format it in Disk Management

EDIT : If nothing else works .. throw the HDD at the service centre

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^ Yes.. This must work. Or try installing some other OS and see if the partition step works.. :D

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
problem solved..
I took the HDD to another friend's place, coz my mobo doesn't have SATA port. and used partition magic 8 in windows.....

Thank u all....from my friend's mom too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom