HDD copy speed slow ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone
wen i write , extract or move Sum files frm c to d it takes hell time... for 1gb it is takin... 7 mins ???? my hdd is 500 GB IDE seagate...

paroh

Padawan
May be dma problem. Try to detect dma again.

Re-enable DMA using the Registry Editor

Run REGEDIT. Go to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

It has subkeys like 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. Normally 0001 is the primary IDE channel, 0002 the secondary, but other numbers can occur under certain circumstances. Check the DriverDesc value to see which one it is.

Delete MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum, depending on whether the device in question is attached as master or slave. The drive DMA capabilities will be redetected.

Note
when i encounter this type of slow hard disk performance i delte both MasterIdDataChecksum or SlaveIdDataChecksum and after that i restart the pc and every think is fine

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If you are using Vista please update and make sure you are running Vista Service Pack 1 as it makes a good difference in copying files.

Also make sure you have latest chipset drivers.

mgmshariff

Right off the assembly line
The issue could be of RAM or HDD:
-Check by upgrading the RAM.
-Check ur HDD using Seagate's Seatools, u can download from this link : *www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools

Hey... forgot to add this tool link too:
*www.hdtune.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom