hd6950 or hd6870 or hd7770?

theproffesor

saze017 here...quite a go
hello, guys
well my friend is a buying a gpu his budget is 9k
now the main he tried olx to find some old gpus and he found a sapphire hd6870@7.2k 9 mnths used,with bill & every accessory, (will check b4 buying )
and
a sapphire hd6950 2gb dirt3@9k
10 months old, seal packed,never used as its a company's last card but with no warranty or bill(will check the card b4 buying )
or should he just buy a hd7770(I suggested)
also i don't know the price of hd7770
he don't have a psu also will buy cx500v2@3.3k(I suggested)
what do you guys say as he needs help urgently ...I'm also confused in this thing so I just came here to help him
btw payment will be done by cash...by meeting the seller
the hd6950 part freaked me out...
rest of his specs are
CPU : x6 1055t
mobo: gigabyte 880gm
4gb ram(don't know which brand but it's 1600mhz)
psu: corsair cx500v2(will buy )

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
The 6950 is obviously the best as far as performance goes. But things like "last product, never used, no bill,no warranty" make my vote go to 6870 which i assume has 2.25 years of the warranty period left.
+1 to the 6870.;-)

OP
T

theproffesor

I was thinking the same!!
but again the hd6950 at that price never used, means it's a new card, and dirt3 edition, but the "NO BILL/WARRANTY" thing goes back & forth in my mind
but again he's gonna check the card b4 buying!!!
and hd6870 is just a perfect card btw he game's @1080p

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For peace of mind, go for the 6870. If want to take a risk, then opt for 6950.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
More often than not, there is always some kind of a problem if they sell you the "no bill,no warranty" stuff. and when you are spending 9k on a product,best opt for something legit. peace of mind dude.

+1 to 6870

OP
T

theproffesor

thanks guys..
hd6870 is the way to go
but again my friend asked from the hd6950 guy and he said"m bill k baare m b kuch karunga ,aur website pe warnty shayad 2 saal ki h ,as ye gpu meri company ka h but i'll try...." and gpu pehle test kiya jaega uske baad hi khareeda jaega
now this thing makes him also me very confused btw is there any big difference btween these two cards....he play at 1080p [ will play crysis3, moh:warfighter, crysis2, bf3]
btw what is the latest price of hd6870 sapphire single fan anyone knows ?

yepp ..

i think the difference is just 5-6fps.....

Thetrueblueviking

We ve already suggested the 6870 as a safe and sound buy.
Now if your friend is keen on taking risks, we cant change his mind.
The sapphire variant [900 mhz] comes around 12k.

have a look -
*www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/540?vs=510

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
may be his friend is planning to unlock the HD6950 to HD6970 for free with some few teaks - may be that's why he is so keen to get the HD6950. ;-)

Thetrueblueviking

may be his friend is planning to unlock the HD6950 to HD6970 for free with some few teaks - may be that's why he is so keen to get the HD6950. ;-)

Seems quite tempting. But with close to 8 k at stake, it still is pretty much of a leap of faith, isn't it ?

Top Bottom