HD-DVD encryption key leaked.. MAD rush at digg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
The HD-DVD encryption key was leaked over the internet yesterday. The source got dugg pretty hard! It was being dugg so hard that digg was seeing 40 digs per second on this story! Ultimately digg went down and was showing 404 errors on every story! It was really great to see how strongly people feel about DRM. This key actually enables people to decode legally bought HD-DVD movies on linux, though they are only supposed to be played on windows. Source
Digg Link

Last edited:
OP
kalpik

kalpik

Its the fastest dugg story on digg.. DIE DRM.. This would be a slap on the face of DRM.. Now they know how the world feels!

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
I was wondering why digg was so slow yesterday. Wasn't looking at the front page, I guess.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kalpik said:
Its the fastest dugg story on digg.. DIE DRM.. This would be a slap on the face of DRM.. Now they know how the world feels!
Whoa there! The fastest dugg story was the announcement of the iPhone. Jobs had not even completed his keynote when the story had crossed 10,000 diggs. The digg swarm was going crazy. Even the site's layout had screwed up because they hadn't anticipated that a story would ever get that many diggs. :D

OP
kalpik

kalpik

^^ That was the highest dugg story.. This one was getting 50-60 diggs a second!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well this story is about to beat iphone one and that too after the original story was deleted.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Update: Digg removed the story once again when it was close to 16,000 diggs..

Last edited:
OP
kalpik

kalpik

^^ That's not the issue behind this thread.. No one cares if it got more diggs than the iPhone thread or not.. The issue is that digg is doing censorship..

mehulved

But, how many threads will they delete? How many members will they ban? digg is the one loosing out here. One incident can change the face of whole site.

leomax

Broken In
lol,its so funny now,Complete chaos!
They delete 1 story,100 of them pop up.Now digg is full of HDDVD cracked stories.
Firefox lags coz of too much comments in those stories.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

@aryayush: Just goto the digg home page and see for yourself how BIG the issue is! MUCH MUCH bigger than the iPhone story! :p

*diggowned.ytmnd.com/

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
zero nine foxtrot nine one one zero two nine delta seven four echo three five bravo delta eight four one five six charlie five six three five six eight eight charlie zero!

Ahahaa funny military commands ahaaha :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
QwertyManiac said:
zero nine foxtrot nine one one zero two nine delta seven four echo three five bravo delta eight four one five six charlie five six three five six eight eight charlie zero!
... is that the key????

Sykora

I see right through you.
Yup. Here's another one : *farm1.static.flickr.com/191/480556169_6d731d2416_o.jpg

One of my favorites :)

mehulved

They had to give in under the pressure. So, will those idiots at RIAA and MPAA and Hollywood, Bollywood. DRM has to be eliminated if we want our computers to be ours. No wonder the anti-DRM movement is catching on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom