HD 6950 2GB OR GTX 560TI Asus Card ??

vwad

In the zone
Which one to buy in between those two ?

Sapphire/MSI HD 6950 2GB OR GTX 560TI Asus Card ??

In terms of Gaming & also 3D Rendering & Video Editing.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Gtx 560-ti will serve better. Besides cuda is more mature than amd app. You might find this useful whilst 3d rendering and video editing.

Check out cuda's app support here.

You may find something useful with your type of work.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Welcome mate. Actually the 6950 doesn't benefit that much from its 2gb framebuffer in single gpu mode at fullhd resolutions. Once you crank up the resolutions to 2560x1600 ,the extra 1gb vram comes in handy. More so if you crossfire two 6950 2gb cards, they perform better than two gtx 560-ti in sli because of the extra vram.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flip a coin and get any.

But do read this before finalizing: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/140290-nvidia-drivers-opengl-issues.html

It is a serious issue imho if you are into rendering.

CUDA might be more "mature" as some people might say, but ATi Stream is better at video transcoding. Adobe applications like Premiere Pro have support for both CUDA and Stream.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually now a days, most of the main rendering softwares like Maya, 3D studio max, Adobe premiere and Photoshop, all of them support AMD APP.

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
Flip a coin and get any.

But do read this before finalizing: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/140290-nvidia-drivers-opengl-issues.html

It is a serious issue imho if you are into rendering.

CUDA might be more "mature" as some people might say, but ATi Stream is better at video transcoding. Adobe applications like Premiere Pro have support for both CUDA and Stream.

Interesting and definitely an issue if not the biggest. Thanks for that particular link. :)

Top Bottom