HD 5770 problem

maknom66

Broken In
I was just playing GTA 4 at HD5770 and suddenly after 15mins i got a green sreen the one that appears when a gpu is overclocked and it becomes unstable. is it overheating problem? i have GIGABYTE RADEON HD5770 1 GB GDDR5 ultra durable version gpu. it is idle at 50c and while playing GTA 4 it went to 62c . the casing of the cpu was hot like hell.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Clean all vents and post the HWmonitor System Report.
Seems like Heating Issue.
Update GPU Drivers and patch GTA 4 To the latest version.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
62C is too high. It seems there is dust in your PC. Update everything as Sujeet as said.

Also whats the temp of your CPU? and full config of your PC with PSU please

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have removed the system info part. it was making your post look like spam.

use HWMonitor, or core temp or even GPUZ. SpeedFan gives misleading info.

dibya_kol

In the zone
for 5770 62c under load is awesome temp. U should nt worry unless ur gpu touch 90c. My 5770 often hit 70-80c during heavy games. And 72c is normal temp for 5770 under load. But 50c at idle bit too high, sould be arround 40-45c.
If u constantly getting that colourfull lines and artifacts, that means ur vram is dying. Lower down ur clock speed and check again. Also clean dusts and if possible reapply TIM.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - Remove the mem modules - clean them - clean the memory slot and put them back again properly.

remove the gfx card from the pci-e slot .. clean it ( if possible by removing the gpu HSF ) - clean the pci-e slot and remount the gfx card properly.

Top Bottom