Confused_user

Journeyman
My local dealer is trying to sell me 4 gb of HCL ram. Anyone used it? Should I buy it? I was planning on corsair xm3... But if says it's real bad... Is it really so?

Thanks in advanced

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
HCL RAM? afaik HCL doesn't manufacture RAM modules. They are probably from a HCL PC.
and please give more details, whats the price asked, or whether its DDR 2 or DDR 3 and how old it is?

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
It's ddr3, 1333 MHz. It has a sticker with HCL on it... And it's memory chips also have HCL printed on it. Price around 1500

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Way too overpirced for 4 GB RAM.
Get any of this-
Flipkart: Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9): Ram

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Get new RAM from brand like Gskill or kingston,corsair.
Skip HCL.
Its not a RAM manufacturer.
As long as OEM of that RAM is unknown no point in considering that RAM module.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My local dealer is trying to sell me 4 gb of HCL ram. Anyone used it? Should I buy it? I was planning on corsair xm3... But if says it's real bad... Is it really so?

Thanks in advanced

kids of 21st century will grow up listening to stories like this. Corsair XMS3 is real bad !!!

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
Thank you for your advice. I'm going for xm3... Also, there was some Nod32 antivirus guy who also said xm3 is crap. Maybe the dealer tipped him off. Damn these dealers... Almost had me there for a min!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thank you for your advice. I'm going for xm3... Also, there was some Nod32 antivirus guy who also said xm3 is crap. Maybe the dealer tipped him off. Damn these dealers... Almost had me there for a min!

they only know Kingston, Transcend, A-Data & yes India's favorite ram. Zion. I am not saying these ram are crap. but they surely never heard about the performance series from any of these brands, forget selling them. selling the value series at the price of performance series and at times calling it gaming ram :lol:

OP
C

Confused_user

Journeyman
^very true.
They were like "corsair gives 10 years warrenty but you have to R.M.A. your ram every year"
well, I should've known not to belive him after he called invader a "server cabinet"... Silly me

They were like... "corsair gives you 10 years warrenty but you'll have to change the ram every year"
Well, I should've known not to trust him after if called the invader a "server cabinet"... Silly me

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i had hcl pc in the past but they used hynix ram.& hcl is not manufacturer they just assemble diff components & sell it as branded hcl product.
Like this setup below
Proccy:intel
Ram:hynix / transcend
Hdd: samsung
Mouse: .logitech
Keyboard:same as above
Monitor: LG
Speaker:altec lansing
Motherboard: gigabyte

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Actually none of companies selling Branded pc , like HP dell Asus etc are OEM.
They simply assemble different components into their chasis(casing in general).

Top Bottom