Have you ever got a Ubuntu CD through Shipiit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatterjeesayan

Broken In
Ubuntu sends CDs through Shipit.What's your experience with it?Does it reach India?If you have got it,pls mention your location.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes I have got it thrice , 5.10 , 6.04 , and 7.04.

I dono which experience you are talking about. ShipIt or Ubuntu.
Location Bangalore.

OP
chatterjeesayan

chatterjeesayan

Broken In
Ubuntu is great,I was talking about Shipit?
BTW,what did they send...a CD,and a paper cover?And how long did it take to reach your door since placing the order?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
ya they surely send cds also in good packing whether single cd or bulk of cds id ordered... and the order reached in 15 days to me 5 times...ok have a nice day

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@chatterjeesayan First one took more than one month , the next two took 2 weeks.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Though I'm living in comparitively remote area, still I got within 3 weeks.

They are really quick!!

slugger

Banned
3 Ubuntu CDs (3 PC Edition)

3 Ubuntu CDs (2 PC Edition, 1 64-bit PC Edition)

wat is 2 pc ed and 3 pc ed? i wudnt mind havin a 64-bit ed but wat do d 2cd ed and 3 cd ed mean

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I have received many times and everytime within month. They are really doing a great job. Hats off to them.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
They are really doing a great job. Hats off to them.

If u understand the value then I suggest, all off u who has capability to download, dont order, rather download...

as it will help them to reach towards those who doesnt have option of Downloading !!!!

:)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I order a few ( max 5 ) and distribute it among friends :) Giving a CD-R didnt impress many of my friends and many never used it atleast one. Giving a original CD with the cover made a good impression about Linux and ubuntu and they tried it :) . But this time I just got one CD :(

Last edited:

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
i have received ubuntu 7.04 within 2 weeks and kubuntu 7.04 in one week time .
i really appreciate there effort to bring Linux to masses :)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Choto Cheeta said:
If u understand the value then I suggest, all off u who has capability to download, dont order, rather download...

as it will help them to reach towards those who doesnt have option of Downloading !!!!

:)
I understand that , but I ordered it at time I was not having Broadband but dialup NETONE 56k. Now , i dont order anymore . i downloaded both fiesty and edgy instead of ordering.

praka123

left this forum longback
^as above.i have ordered and got in a month or so ubuntu 5.04 hoary hedge of 10 copies which i distributed in a college.
Honestly shipit is valid for dial-up and bandwidth starved countries.hopes ppl don t misuse them.

slugger

Banned
arrre yaaar

if so many of u have ordered it den y is nobody telling me ddiff betn 2cd edi and 3 cd ed
shud not b 2 difficult 2 b answered by those who recieved them

also guys do dey callup on ur ph 'cause i think i mistyped mine

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
ddiff betn 2cd edi and 3 cd ed

I'm not aware of anything like that... I had received ubuntu 6.06 and 7.04 thro shipit and all were 1 CD editions only... And no, they have never called me on phone.. only direct postal delivery..

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
The first time I got it was in 2005, the 4.10 version, which was 2 CDs, later i got copies of 5.10 which was a two CD set too...later it was single CD 6.06 and then now 7.04 (single CD)

It normally takes two weeks to 2 months after u order but you surely do get the same 100% of the times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom