Has the gap between PC and Console finally been overcome?

Sarath

iDota
A few days back, I jumped into the middle of a discussion (fight) about consoles and PCs to ask my query. Why is that graphics dont seem to be improving anymore? All the fight about PS4, Xbone, PS3, PC, now they all look the same to me. I was told that hereon there wont be any visual changes that will be noticeable as far as polygon count is considered due to some diminishing returns thingy I don't quite remember.

The first time I truly understood the gap between PC and consoles was many years ago, decade or more when I installed a demo of the game Hitman. I then had a PSOne for my gaming needs. The demo had me so mesmerised since it was so realistic, hyperrealistic I would say that I played it over and over again. I could only find that quality again in PS3.

But today, it is hard to tell the difference in the same game between a console and a PC (unless you are IGN or someone on a mission to find the difference). Does this mean that PC and consoles are on equal footing this generation? PS4 , XBone

gameranand

Living to Play
Nope Consoles are still have miles to go to compete with PC.
NVIDIA INTERVIEW: THE SKY ISN’T FALLING

cyborg47

Technomancer
Very few console games just started with the 1080p and 60fps. By the time most of the games do that, PCs will get the 4K support. So no, there's no way consoles are always behind, technically at least.

Don't believe everything nvidia says, they're business relies heavily on the PC atmosphere, so they're obviously going to defend it to death. If they're really genuine about their PC support, they'd have fixed their Physx till now.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

This is the second time you are posting an article about a company that's obviously butthurt over its competitor dominating the PC GPU market,and also the console GPU's :|
I'm pretty sure once they fail at the PC GPU market they will go into a butthurt tirade about how
RandomNvidiaCorporateSpokespersonDouchebag said:
PC's are extinct and our Nvidia©Tegra Platform is the future

cyborg47

Technomancer
This is the second time you are posting an article about a company that's obviously butthurt over its competitor dominating the PC GPU market,and also the console GPU's :|
I'm pretty sure once they fail at the PC GPU market they will go into a butthurt tirade about how

Does it even matter? Nvidia can do the same next generation and still not give a single F about losing a contract from MS or Sony. Look at their earnings, and compare them to AMD, billions!!

gameranand

Living to Play

Well it needed on both threads so.....still if you are talking in terns of raw power then obviously PC wins easily and defeats consoles easily. :)

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Overcome? The consoles are not even close.

Not to sound like a PC elitist but the truth is graphical fidelity has always been and always will be PCs B!** :)

Unreal Engine 4 "Elemental" Demo - PC vs PS4 side-by-side comparison - YouTube

Also check out Battlefield 3 at full HD on PC and compare it with the PS3/XBox360. Playing BF3 or Crysis 3 on a console is equivalent to playing them on a PC with Medium/Low settings.

Again, I am not saying that consoles are worse and playing on a console has its own merits. But when it comes to graphics, there is no way consoles ever come close.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Due to the limited hardware capability of consoles, it will never outdo the PC and nor it come close. When there is a day where we can upgrade our consoles, your thought may come closer, but still given the chance for that to be true, i would say, anyday PC will outdo Consoles.

Top Bottom