Has PS3 lost the console war!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pratyush

Pratyush

Broken In
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
i was expecting you to brag about Sixaxis motion sensing .

wel i was talking bout ergonomic design and in that respect Xbox 360 controller is miles ahead of PS3's which is just minor mod to PS2 controller .

the inclusion of both the analog sticks in the center puts strain on ur fingers when u have to use both of them at the same time .

well u are right. but what about the controller getting slippery!???

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Pratyush said:
well u are right. but what about the controller getting slippery!???
whoa man that's bcoz of you sweating , it's not Microsoft's fault that u sweat uncontrollably :D

my hands too get sweaty after very long gming sessions be it on ny controller

yesh1683

In the zone
And also many games which are multiplatform are released late for PS3,, i mean the PS3 version games are delayed,,

See rainbow six los vegas is yet to release for PS3 almost 6 month delay
and GRAW2 is just releasing almost 3 months delay
and also BLACKSITE AREA51 will also be released 3 months after 360 and pc version

and also bioshock was supposed to release for PS3, 360 and pc but due to PS3's hardware the developers stayed away from it

I think this is major drawback for sony

amitava82

MMO Addict
You guys simply can't conclude that PS3 has lost the Console war just by looking last few month's statistics. just wait n watch till developers fully utilizes PS3's power and enormous space of Blue ray disc. Not to forget that the price of PS3 will decline over time.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^but so will the price of xbox360 and wii. and clu ray games will be very expensive bec. they will be massive and cost of blu-ray media is very high

OP
Pratyush

Pratyush

Broken In
amitava82 said:
You guys simply can't conclude that PS3 has lost the Console war just by looking last few month's statistics. just wait n watch till developers fully utilizes PS3's power and enormous space of Blue ray disc. Not to forget that the price of PS3 will decline over time.

well, u should better see post #17, it is clear that ps3 has nothing amazing in store for us barring a few exclusives(like mgs4, gow, gran turismo etc.) for the next 2 years {i.e. end of 2008}if u go thru the list of games for all 3 consoles, u will know that xbox360 is definitely on the top.and also, wii is doing exceptionally well.

PS3's price will decline, agreed. but so will the others. u can't expext a 600$ console to cost 249$ in the next 3 years, can u;)

regarding the power of ps3, better turn the pages of history and u will see that ps2 had the least power (compared to xbox and gamecube), but it sold more than 100 million units and we still play on it. WHY? bcoz power ain't anything.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^oh, no way! there's news already of a PS4 (read about it in this forum only), and microsoft wouldn't want to be left behind. and anyways, the way things progress in the world of games and consoles, in five yrs, xbox 360 would feel worse than a pentium 1 with 32mb ram

OP
Pratyush

Pratyush

Broken In
xbonez said:
^^oh, no way! there's news already of a PS4 (read about it in this forum only), and microsoft wouldn't want to be left behind. and anyways, the way things progress in the world of games and consoles, in five yrs, xbox 360 would feel worse than a pentium 1 with 32mb ram

u haven't read the news thoroughly,mate. ps4 is not a full-fledged succesor to ps3 but it's only a re-enhancement. sony had said that ps3 will last for a decade (on the eve of its launch). and about xbox feeling worse than pentium 1, it isn't possible. ps2 was released in early 2000 and is reigning till now. developers make games for it today also. so, its been reigning for more than 7 years. xbox also had a life of about 6 years and still many games are developed on it.

i agree with zeeshan that xbox will at least last till 2011.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Pratyush said:
u haven't read the news thoroughly,mate. ps4 is not a full-fledged succesor to ps3 but it's only a re-enhancement. sony had said that ps3 will last for a decade (on the eve of its launch). and about xbox feeling worse than pentium 1, it isn't possible. ps2 was released in early 2000 and is reigning till now. developers make games for it today also. so, its been reigning for more than 7 years. xbox also had a life of about 6 years and still many games are developed on it.

i agree with zeeshan that xbox will at least last till 2011.
totally MS said that they would support Xbox 360 till 2015 , also gaming is much more above technical specs .

game developers nowadays need to concentrate more on gameplay n storyline rather than just on graphics .

ironmarine

Right off the assembly line
*www.engadget.com/tag/sonySony has come out of the woodwork to state that yes, it is indeed planning to build a PlayStation 4, but not until at least 2010.
In the interim Sony is planning on firmware upgrades for the PS3 to expand media center capability, allow third party applications, and to support third party controllers similar to that of the Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom