Has GNOME finally killed off KDE in the Ubuntu interface wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
"This 'users are idiots, and are confused by functionality' mentality of Gnome is a disease. If you think your users are idiots, only idiots will use it. I don't use Gnome, because in striving to be simple, it has long since reached the point where it simply doesn't do what I need it to do."
- Linus Torvalds on GNOME
*www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS8745257437.html

[personal opinion]
I like KDE. Always liked it better than GNOME.
Tried out KDE4. Its buggy right now, but damn, its sexxxy.
[/[personal opinion]

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^ a mod trolling here :confused:
Linus has his own opin.he is biased towards kde which we all know also he is anti-rms too!

I like KDE a little over GNOME. BTW, KDE 4 has been in RC2 since December 11, 07. They have posted screenshots on their site, looks good. They are saying that the codebase is feature complete and just a bit of testing is what they are looking at.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
^ a mod trolling here :confused:
Linus has his own opin.he is biased towards kde which we all know also he is anti-rms too!

Mods are human beings too dude.
Well, I quoted what Linus said. And I just expressed my personal opinion. That's not trolling AFAIK.

PS:
[personal opinion]
But I sometimes do think RMS is nutz. Its hard for normal human beings to choose a lifestyle that he follows. (I personally think mobile phones are damn useful).
[/personal opinion]

RMS also has his own damn opinions doesn't he?

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
offtopic:are u a new mod here?am seeing u first time :) welcome to moderation:eek: and hidden moderation is a good idea :p
reg topic:
as for me FOSS and what RMS is showing is future proof(eg;GPL3) while Linus is more into eliteness and anti-rms :p no wonder he is trolling with Gnome.
and I respect RMS and thanking him for convincing our(kerala) state CM to implement Linux(debian derivative called it@school) in schools and showing M$ the open doors. :) RMS is a genius!Linus is human :D that is a big difference!yes,thx to Linus for the wonderful kernel called Linux and thanks and reverence to Richard M Stallman for his gcc compiler and ethical fights he has spawn for the common users.all hail RMS :)
reg Gnome vs kde,
think is majority of US and Asian users are happy with Gnome rather than kde.only in EU that kde is popular!(no sources!).

Gnome and gtk2+ FTW! any time.any kde app means 150+ MBs of download!who cares?only kde boys may be :rolleyes:

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
praka123 said:
offtopic:are u a new mod here?am seeing u first time :) welcome to moderation:eek: and hidden moderation is a good idea :p
No re... I'm an oldie here (not by age or maturity though). I just can't find a lot a free time to come here often (what with engg studies and other stuff) Right now, my exams are over, so i'm here.

praka123 said:
reg topic:
as for me FOSS and what RMS is showing is future proof(eg;GPL3) while Linus is more into eliteness and anti-rms :p no wonder he is trolling with Gnome.
and I respect RMS and thanking him for convincing our(kerala) state CM to implement Linux(debian derivative called it@school) in schools and showing M$ the open doors. :) RMS is a genius!Linus is human :D that is a big difference!yes,thx to Linus for the wonderful kernel called Linux and thanks and reverence to Richard M Stallman for his gcc compiler and ethical fights he has spawn for the common users.all hail RMS :)
reg Gnome vs kde,
Aah well, good for Kerala (I see all those stuff in mallu news anyway).
But I prefer being a human. (Obviously, I'm no genius) :p

praka123 said:
think is majority of US and Asian users are happy with Gnome rather than kde.only in EU that kde is popular!(no sources!).

Gnome and gtk2+ FTW! any time.any kde app means 150+ MBs of download!who cares?only kde boys may be :rolleyes:

To each his own! That's all I'll say.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think the act that Kerala adopted Linux is partially a scam as well. Congress basically supported Microsoft and now the other does just exactly the opposite. Which makes me wonder if they will switch again when the next party comes in to rule.

I think the act that Kerala adopted Linux is partially a scam as well. Congress basically supported Microsoft and now the other does just exactly the opposite. Which makes me wonder if they will switch again when the next party comes in to rule.
Dude, kerala is ruled by communists. they will naturally favour something which they "think" is similar to their ideologies, although we know its much diferent.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
Congress is more corrupt than communists in kerala!!!!I hope those political leaders(err...idiots?) dont disturb the growth of FOSS&Linux :)

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
:(

KDE is much more configurable and organized than GNOME,hopes it will live on.........
Gnome neither gives the lightness of xfce nor the power of KDE.

Congress is more corrupt than communists in kerala!!!!I hope those political leaders(err...idiots?) dont disturb the growth of FOSS&Linux :)
yeah,but communist due to dump decision[not abt choosing linux] and practices becomes more dangerous than congress.They simply dont know how to rule.

This 'users are idiots, and are confused by functionality' mentality of Gnome is a disease. If you think your users are idiots, only idiots will use it. I don't use Gnome, because in striving to be simple, it has long since reached the point where it simply doesn't do what I need it to do."
- Linus Torvalds on GNOME
wow!!!, wt exactly i feel when using a gnome desktop.(cheers Linus Torvalds:) )

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Dude, kerala is ruled by communists. they will naturally favour something which they "think" is similar to their ideologies, although we know its much diferent.

You think that they favor something cause it is similar to their ideologies??? Excuse me but are you from Kerala? If so do you read the newspaper? The only thing the Communists favor in Kerala are making sure they either plant a thorn in Congresses plan or something for self promotion. And no Congress isn't any different. Also FYI by the level of IT education any minister or his staff probably have they wouldn't know the difference.

Congress is more corrupt than communists in kerala!!!!I hope those political leaders(err...idiots?) dont disturb the growth of FOSS&Linux

Ill agree to a certain extent with this. However there was much more development in the years of Congress then what VS is doing today. Personally I don't care who rles as long as something is done to benefit the state.

vaithy

In the zone
Hello,
with seven distro in the laptop of mine ,three of them gnome and three of them kde one is Xfce I don't feel any bias to particular DE... when I was introduced to Linux my whole desktop consists of kde only distros, now after experimenting with Ubuntu and mint , Gnome is equal worthy.. i have my respect to RMS as well as Linus dorwald but it does n't affect my own judgement..RMS built the body of the car and other developers give accessaries but when Linus fitted with his engine, the car start it journey, now each of them claim that the car should be their...Some time greatMan behave like child..what about their followers..?

Vaithy

Last edited:
OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@vaidy:their Kde review came.I have posted in OSS section:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77164

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom