Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
using a SONY DRU DRU-720 for bout 2.5yrs and it still workin fine only minor probs once in a blue moon.though hav flashed it with LiteON SOHW-1693S firmware.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Some speakers I saw..PROMAX speakers.

Totally useless. Picked up a 2.1 set. Cables were bad..did not work...one channel suddenly stops working. Will soon throw them out my balcony. What a waste of money. The demo sounded so nice in the shop..!!!

P

paranj

^why did u buy them? did u know WTFH is Promax? It m8 be sum ALIENISH company! lol :D

acewin

Point Blanc
its not always that we are very lucky that our hardware keeps on going on long.
@asigh how much did you loose on this speaker and did it had any warranty.
we get 2.1 speakers from altec lansing and creative for 1200-1300 what made you think of promax

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Now I (we) know what PROMAX is. Though not alien. It is manufactured in the hills of the himalayas (similiar to mineral water) :) ..thats what the box said....will take a pic tomorrow and attach here...(how do we attach images here)....

I guess I had my bout of craziness...! Gosh...!

RS 650/---- ( el cheapo = el bad)

They said they have warranty...but I called and told about the channel issue..they said...cables could be faulty. I put in new ones (the original ones never worked)...still same issue.

Learnt my lesson. Dont go the cheap way.

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Another addition--

Cooler Master 600W EXtreme Power PSU..
This has no 8pin CPU connector which is recommended for all new motherboards.you can run everything on stock but during overclocking u will encounter BSODs and ultimately look for a good PSU.This issue is more with Quads and E8 series.

9800GTX - Until and unless u planning to do a Tri SLi dont get this card.9600GT and 8800GT are way ahead and the new ATi cards will be better.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
K550I camera quality suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !!!

dont buy sony dvd writers.got lot of problems with digit's recommended sony dru 830 a.i hav just completed a year ,and it has stopped recognizing dvd's.:x

mine ios working fine ..........

No one must buy umax speakers

Last edited:

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
NEVER opt for WD external or internal drives. I had my internal replaced 3 times within warranty and finally exchanged it the 4th time with a Seagate which I have been using for the last 5 years. The WD used to have problems with data getting corrupt at regular intervals. Sometimes all my songs would be corrupt, sometimes my dad's data and sometimes even windows itself!!!

The external drive has issues with heating up. It does not have any data corruption problems. But they tend to blow out within 3-4 years of use which is quite little. Samsung's externals can run for more than 5 years.

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
Seagate sucks man......atleast in bangalore (nearly 8-9 of my friends have seagate and all of them have got their hdds RMAd atleast 3 times). WD rocks on that part...my internal 250 GB WD and External 500 GB WD both are running just fine.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys, please stop this seagate sucks and WD sucks. These are the two best HDD manufacturers. The problem is just subjective. Someone never faced any problem with Seagate and some had lot of issues with seagate. And same is for WD.

Harddrive safety precautions: *www.data-recovery-info.com/hard-drive-precautions.html

sjstays

Broken In
Guys, please stop this seagate sucks and WD sucks. These are the two best HDD manufacturers. The problem is just subjective. Someone never faced any problem with Seagate and some had lot of issues with seagate. And same is for WD.

Harddrive safety precautions: *www.data-recovery-info.com/hard-drive-precautions.html

rightly said.. because ama seagte user for the last 6 years. my first hdd crasged for the first time after 5 years, when i bought this new seagate hdd of 250 gb, it crashed in the first month itself, and the replacement hdd deosnt work good either!

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
This thread saved me. I would else just bought those dynet RAMS. Thanks Desiibond.
btw here more about my RAM purchase at *thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=873690&postcount=1890

Hi

Speaker: Mercury SW 980 R (With FM):mad:
Woofer doesn't work on low volume:mad:
Woofer overpowered by speakers on High Volume.:mad:
Bad Low frequency driver.
But Good FM:)

Keyboard: Samsung Pleomax Series:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Enter stuck after few months.

UPS : APC :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Costlier than other ups in the market.
Got a problem in First Week of Purchase
Replaced By Company in 4 Days On Site SERVICE:cool::cool::cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom