Hardware price list/spec sheet

Mr. Officer

Rookie
It says Rs.5299. :-|

[I used a 10% discount coupon] before paying for HDD I asked seller about 03 yr warranty and he confirmed it BUT just after I paid for it the seller sent me an email and gave crap reasons and said warranty will expire in Nov 2013 and not 03 yrs so I've cancelled the order.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it was there from Nov 2011 ( they said the APU was not available that time ) - when I asked about this a month back they said the price is 5.9k - look at the price of FX-8120 there Rs. 12740 but current price is around ~10.6k - MX-518 is still on their website but it's not available on the shop anymore - G400 is available though but it's not listed.

so the reason is obvious - they are just too lazy to update the website ;-)

Mr. Officer

Rookie
I've won a bid for 1 TB WD caviar black with a 5% discount coupon the landing cost will be 4845/- [this's a RMA'ed item and warranty expires in Sep 2013]

Can someone please confirm if it's a good buy ??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
New ones with 64MB cache and 5 year warranty come at around 7k. You are getting one with 32MB cache and 1.5 year warranty. I would say it's a OKish deal. Nothing outstanding.

Mr. Officer

Rookie
^^other 1 tb HDD's floating in the market for 4.8k - 5.2k are 32mb/7200 rpm/3 mbps with 01 yr warranty...what do you reckon I should do ??

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
As I have already said, it's a OK deal. Less than 5k for a Black drive looks good, if you don't look at the warranty.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
as of now desktop Internal drives are still overpriced and has only 1 or 2 yrs warranty but so it would be just great if anyone wants to buy an 3.5 inch external hdd with 3 years warranty and less price ;-)

For Example Seagate 1TB drive costs 5.2k now but 1TB seagate Expansion drive costs only 4.95k - so if anyone interested can just remove the drive from the enclosure and use it and they are getting the USB 2.0 enclouser along with it as a free gift ;-) The external drive may have less rpm but with lower price and longer warranty they are still worthy as a storage drive IMO.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
Increase by 2 %!? Damn.

Can anyone give an updated price list as of this week or month in bangalore? Some websites are giving the wrong info. And different too every time.;-(

Top Bottom