Hardware price list/spec sheet

Anubis

Courage to Know
Thanks Anubis, for ur update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused due to my post. Just wanna say a few word. 1st of all I never quoted the price of the Phenom II 965@7.9 k in the 1st place. It was quoted before my post. In my post it was 8.3k. U can check it.

2ndly was it really necessary to tell them that some one from Digit Forum has updated the wrong price? You could just verify the price from there. Even I am a very regular buyer from Vedant and they know me very well. I only told them that I am from Digit forum, now next time whenever I 'll be there they never quote me any price, irrespective of the fact I am a Digiot forum member or not.
I was trying to update the price for the benifit of other forum members, not for my personal gains. it looks like there was some miscommunication from their side just for a single product, not for a range of products. Price of all the other processors posted is right.
Now you verified it, Great job, but from ur post, it feels like you wanna prove all the other guy wrong.

No please bro , i don't wanna prove other guys are wrong

Please don't feel bad . I never took your name ( though i don't know ). Nor did i want to soil your reputation

I know you are helping for the benifit of other forum members

Yes there was some communication gap just for a single product, not for a range of products. Price of all the other processors posted is right

@Cilus : I truly respect your sentiments and i don't have any intention to soil your reputation in Vedant .

Please don't have any hard feelings, i went to purchase ATI 4870 512mb with my friend and also for my uncle's rig , not to disrespect you

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
X4 965 prices reverted to 8.9k now.....

hope the prices of other components are RIGHT...

EDIT:-

Many changes made to pre-configured rigs and across the board numerous price changes and adjustments done..

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Wat did I do bro ?

I did not make a fool out of you all by telling them I am from digit forum

I never quoted Phenom II 965 - 7.9k from Vedant

It was Cilus who quoted it

I buy hardware regularly from them . Bought my Core i5 rig on December 22 and went there today . I asked them wat is the price of Phenom II 965 ? Its for my uncle's rig

They quoted Phenom II 965 - 8.9k all inlusive .

I asked them is this the final price ?

They said , " bhaiya aap hamare regular customer ho . Isse sasta apko , kahin mile toh batana , hum woh price meh bech denge , yeh humlogka dawa hai koi isse sasta nehi de sakta apko . "

I said some guy had posted 7.9k from your shop saying he was from digit forum

He said , its impossible. It must have been a communication gap somewhere

He said Phenom II x4 955 - 7.9k all inclusive .

Phenom II x4 965 - 7.9k ( Impossible )

I am a regular customer of Vedant and buy goods every 4 - 6 months

I bought my Phenom II 955 in October - 11k all inclusive when it was 11.5k everywhere

Yes Vedant is very reputed store

Whatever they'll quote on phone , they'll sell you at that price only

I bought Core i5 750 - 9.8k ( in December 22 all inclusive , when it was 10.5k all inclusive everywhere )

My request to everyone " Please don't go flaunting in Computer Stores that you're from digit forum and all crap etc .. " , for this to never happen again

Not you, I was referring to Vedant Guys(who either intentionally or not tried to fool us, or they made a mistake with 955 and 965), I thanked you both for going there and correcting the mistake.

tkin

Back to school!!
Lots of guys are selling grey market products which don't carry warranty from principal companies. Sites like *www.nextworld.in are a safer bet as prices may be 2-3% higher but products are genuine. I bought Sapphire ATI Radeon with 3 year warranty from them
No, all stores in Kolkata which are referred in the forum like Vedant, M.D, Velocity are totally genuine, I can vouch for them, they may tell you that 9800GT is better than HD4850 because its from nVidia :lol: but no gray market stuff here. Also don't confuse parallel import with Gray Market, sites like lynx do some parallel import.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

I'm absolutely sick of this forum, its unusable now, everytime I write a post it hangs up resulting in either multiple post or no post at all. Its back to the dark ages now, what happened? Not enough revenue from ads? Wanna put more ads in between the posts??

Jake009

Right off the assembly line
Hi people,
I was looking for Apple iPod Touch 3G 8GB / 32GB / 64GB and I have seen its price at testseek.com is $199.99 .. I want to know is it the right price??

Krow

Crowman
No, all stores in Kolkata which are referred in the forum like Vedant, M.D, Velocity are totally genuine, I can vouch for them, they may tell you that 9800GT is better than HD4850 because its from nVidia :lol: but no gray market stuff here. Also don't confuse parallel import with Gray Market, sites like lynx do some parallel import.
Dude that is a spammer you quoted. Please remove the link from the quote.

Anubis

Courage to Know

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

I'm absolutely sick of this forum, its unusable now, everytime I write a post it hangs up resulting in either multiple post or no post at all. Its back to the dark ages now, what happened? Not enough revenue from ads? Wanna put more ads in between the posts??

Saboo , Lalani are famous for parallel imports of DVD writers and HDD

Problem : The issue with the forum being unusable is due to huge thread count with infinite spamming inside threads. I have seen many threads where OP asks help but one member specifies something which on being dejected by another turns into more of a warzone than a thread

Observation : Admin should buckle up and give fines to the offenders . No offense , things are taken pretty lightly by the admin and staff here hardly do their job. My deepest appologies to all the staff members and admin for my rude behaviour. But the fault is also 50% of the forum members for being reckless , creating innumerable same threads twice or thrice . I won't name anybody specifically , but this is a serious issue which needs to be dealt very quickly and effectively

Solution : The work load needs to be distributed among admin and moderators. Firstly the load should be distributed among the admins .
There should be at least 3-4 effective moderators for each subforum. And violators should be heavily infracted. Rules are made and are existing . But there are not enough people to enforce them and maintain law and order . Old moderators who hardly parcticipate actively in the threads should be stripped of their administrative badges and new members should fill the vacancy

Krow

Crowman
Problem : The issue with the forum being unusable is due to huge thread count with infinite spamming inside threads. I have seen many threads where OP asks help but one member specifies something which on being dejected by another turns into more of a warzone than a thread
He talked about forum database errors and hanging. Huge thread counts has nothing to with this forum's bugs, but bad coding has a lot to do with it.
Observation : Admin should buckle up and give fines to the offenders . No offense , things are taken pretty lightly by the admin and staff here hardly do their job. My deepest appologies to all the staff members and admin for my rude behaviour. But the fault is also 50% of the forum members for being reckless , creating innumerable same threads twice or thrice . I won't name anybody specifically , but this is a serious issue which needs to be dealt very quickly and effectively
Fines? What do you mean by that?
Solution :
The work load needs to be distributed among admin and moderators. Firstly the load should be distributed among the admins .
There should be at least 3-4 effective moderators for each subforum. And violators should be heavily infracted. Rules are made and are existing . But there are not enough people to enforce them and maintain law and order . Old moderators who hardly parcticipate actively in the threads should be stripped of their administrative badges and new members should fill the vacancy

This is a note to all: Please post your grievances with the forum in this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1199411#post1199411

Please avoid large font sizes. We all can read with normal font size too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
on 4th jan bought

One Enter USB Audio/Sound Adapter @ Rs. 250 ( all inclusive )

From M.D.

> Requires no Driver Installation. Just Plug and Play. Windows XP and above will just load necessary drivers for it and it's compatible with linux also.

> Audio quality is quiet good. It's more louder and charming than my previous sound card and it's also louder than most of the integrated audio solution. In gaming it sometime gives a very little amount of static noise but while listening to audio it really rocks.

> It does not comes with any kind of driver CD or cable. Just the adapter. So it's very hard to recognize the manufacturer but I think it's ( the internal audio chip ) made c-media.

> You might have to restart your computer sometime after installing this device though it's not necessary all times.

> The build quality is not so strong but it's O.K. unless you are going to fight with it :p

> It's has a black colored body with 2 audio ports one for mic in and another for line out

> When connected the device turns on a orange colored led light and when listening to audio the led light blinks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Al legitimate models of iphone in india is operator locked ie meaning you can buy iphone either with airtel or vodafone connection - do check their website for price and package details :p

Arnab boss

In the zone
^^^ u can also unlock it if bought frm abraod....'

Ex...my uncle bought me a iphone 8gb but 2g in 2008 frm singapore...I went to vodafone store and asked them if they can unlock it but said they don't do it...then I went to a reputated store in camac street and they unlocked it and charge me 500 bucks for that...'

Everything is possible for a price of it...'

sandeepk

Journeyman
Any idea about how much a blu ray ROM drive for PC will cost? can't find any info in this thread!
Which brand is better in this area?

tkin

Back to school!!
Any idea about how much a blu ray ROM drive for PC will cost? can't find any info in this thread!
Which brand is better in this area?
I think there's a LG BDROM drive that costs 6-8k out there, theres definitely a Sony model(Sony BC-5100S-OB SATA Blu-Ray Drive) that costs about 9-10k

BTW- Sony drives are notorious for their inability to play certain discs incl. slightly scratched ones, I suggest to go for LG or Samsung(if available), since BD discs are way too costly we don't see a lot of BDROM buyers in this forum.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

oh finally the dust has settled, it was just a mistake(which i believe it was of Vedant) so guys chill,

"Aal iZz Well!"

sandeepk

Journeyman
@tkin
Thanks. I was expecting the price of BDROM drive to be around 5K. If I am not wrong there are Blu-ray disk players available for $150 in US. Hence the price of a PC drive should be around half of that.
So I am thinking waiting is the best step to take now :) Still a lot of price correction to be expected here.

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin
Thanks. I was expecting the price of BDROM drive to be around 5K. If I am not wrong there are Blu-ray disk players available for $150 in US. Hence the price of a PC drive should be around half of that.
So I am thinking waiting is the best step to take now :) Still a lot of price correction to be expected here.
1st of all, USA prices are not reflected here, mostly they differ by 500/- upto 2k in cases.

2nd is that there aren't any die hard rules that prices should be halved, is there? I suggest you go to shops and ask the prices yourself. It's still not a standard hardware and most people in this forum do not own one, simply because BD discs(blanc) are even rarer than truthful politicians :lol:

VAMPIRETHEONE

Broken In
I have decided on the following config for my new rig .. which i am to buy dis feb .

CPU:

i7 920 2.66 Ghz
PowerColour or XFX HD4890 1GB GDDR5
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9
MSI X58 Pro
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB
Zebronics 600W Pro
Cooler Master Centurion 590 or 690
LG 22x DVD

Misc :
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 Keyboard
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor ( subject to availabiity)

The net price is comin up from 60k t 65k, give or take.
I m looking for suggestions to this setup.
I m a hardcore gamer , but this system is mainly supposed to be used for rendering and design software like 3dsMAX and MAYA.
I have an alternative for the gpu : a sli of a quadro and any geforce card.

Plus , would u people please give me the locations in Kolkata for buying this rig , addresses of places like Vedanta , M.D. , Velocity etc , places where i can get a good deal on the components , and stay within my budget of 65 k.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^^

Change this:-

GPU : Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 16.5k
RAM: Transcend 4GB DDr3 1333MHz C9 @ 5k
PSU: Corsair VX550W @ 5.8k

Get this, worth the price increase.. or wait till feb and grab the cheaper HD5830 set to launch 25th this month....

UPDATE
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 16.5k
PowerColour PCS HD5750 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.6k
PowerColour HD4870 512MB GDDR5 @ 8.1k

G.Skill 2*2GB DDR3 1333Mhz C9 @ 5.5k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz @ 13.5k
Core 2 Quad Q9505 2.83GHz @ 11.2k
Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz @ 9.6k
Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz @ 8.2K
Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz @ 7.4k
Config #3
Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz @ 5k
MSI 785GN-E65 @ 5.6k
Transcend 2*2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 5k
Cooler Master Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 @ 1.1k
Gigabyte GM6880 Laser Mouse @ 0.9k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.4k
LG 22x DVD @ 1.1k
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8k
Corsair VX450W @ 4.1k
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 16.5k
TOTAL = Rs. 52,200 - - :D

Last edited:

Anubis

Courage to Know
I have decided on the following config for my new rig .. which i am to buy dis feb .

CPU:

i7 920 2.66 Ghz
PowerColour or XFX HD4890 1GB GDDR5
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9
MSI X58 Pro
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB
Zebronics 600W Pro
Cooler Master Centurion 590 or 690
LG 22x DVD

Misc :
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 Keyboard
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor ( subject to availabiity)

The net price is comin up from 60k t 65k, give or take.
I m looking for suggestions to this setup.
I m a hardcore gamer , but this system is mainly supposed to be used for rendering and design software like 3dsMAX and MAYA.
I have an alternative for the gpu : a sli of a quadro and any geforce card.

Plus , would u people please give me the locations in Kolkata for buying this rig , addresses of places like Vedanta , M.D. , Velocity etc , places where i can get a good deal on the components , and stay within my budget of 65 k.

1. You won't get Benq G2200HD in Kolkata , very few shopkeepers keep it and sell it @ 10k-12k

2. ATI 4870 , 4890 is not available will no more be available in Kolkata . I bought the last ATI 4890 in Kolkata in Dec 22 2009. My friend did not get ATI 4870 las week . After practically 2 days he could , get his hands on Powercolor 4870

3. Change PSU to Corsair TX650 ( For Crossfire + SLI )

4. Go for ATI 5850 1GB - 17k

Top Bottom