Hardware Ban For Playstation 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Is there something like hardware ban for playstation 3 , like in xbox 360 .
i doubt my console could be banned by playing Divx/Xvid movies or using cracked psp . i frequently use remote play .

also i have seven playstation network accounts of other countries on same console . is there any problem .

also i have gone thru sony's terms and services . afaik it is not mentioned anywhere regarding this .

also what are the other types of bans ? like ip ban or account ban .

what is the worst case scenerio ?

also is there any way to bypass a ip ban or account ban useing a proxy or something ?

and what can i do in case of hardware ban ?

can i able to sell my ps3 with ban ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm not entirely sure why that would happen, but assuming you screw up something over HOME on PSN or modify the hardware or firmware in any form, then chances are you might get banned. Also it depends on what ban you face. If you are banned from PSN, then you can create another a/c to log in. If it's a hardware ban, then you won't be able to log onto PSN, EVER. Here I'm assuming they identify the consoles embedded MAC ID & then ban it. If this happens then you're pretty much screwed & even on selling the console, the next owner will face the same issue. If they IP ban you then the only way in is to get a different IP or go in through a proxy. If you IP is dynamic then it's the least of your concerns, else you'll have to use a proxy or request for a different IP from your ISP.

They are going to ban your PS3 and not your IP, the way MS bans tampered Xbox 360 users using Xbox Live.Just don't play multiplayer &^%&()*^& PSP games on the internet and you will be fine.
No problem with playing Divx or Xvid content.
The worst case scenario is that you can't connect to and use PSN account through your PS3 or any other way(well make a new account and credit card etc).The most important use of PSN is updates IMO which you can get using a PC and connect to PSN , download and burn onto a DVD or whatever method is used for updates etc.
There are remedies for H/W ban but I have only ever heard of those with regard to XBOX 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom