harddisk not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

casreepadarao

Right off the assembly line
I have a dualboot os with 2000 professional and xp professional. I have two harddisks 40GB and 200 GB both with 3 partitions each. Partition H in 200GB is working fine in xp professional But when I swithch over to 2000 professional os, if I want to open the partition H , it says that the above partition is either corrupted or damaged and is not getting open. what may be the problem?

DukeNukem

Come get Some
casreepadarao said:
I have a dualboot os with 2000 professional and xp professional. I have two harddisks 40GB and 200 GB both with 3 partitions each. Partition H in 200GB is working fine in xp professional But when I swithch over to 2000 professional os, if I want to open the partition H , it says that the above partition is either corrupted or damaged and is not getting open. what may be the problem?

Install the latest Service pack for win 2000(sp4 i think) and SP2 for win XP (in case you've not updated XP), inf update and application accelerator for intel chipset, it will solve the problem
Why Service Pack and updates ????
Do this to get your answer
boot from your normal win 2000/XP bootable cd and at the end u'll see you 200GB HDD as only 121 GB HDD.

now if you have a bootable Win XPSP2 CD, boot from this. u'll get your drive size for real. Get The Point or not

else dont use the 200 GB HDD in win 2000 or it will leave the drive useless untill formatting from win XPSP2

remove the drive from drive manager in windows 2000 to be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom