Hard Warranty Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hard Disc Warranty Query

Hello guys,
looks like one of my hard disk (seagate 250 GB HDD) has failed. I was using it as a external drive and I think it was doped by some one when I was not around . The hard disk is still in warranty. Does Seagate warranty cover this kind of failure?

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Are there any physical damage or indication that it was dropped? Google and run hd tune. Do an error scan on the external hard drive. if there are no bad sectors or any issues on the hard drive, nothing to worry about. if there is some issue, just give it for replacement and dont tell that you have dropped or else they will reject. As per company policy there is a certain level of drop they can withstand- depending on the model and protection. But repacement guys in India are PITA- give them extra information, it will backfire. At times its best to act like a n00b- this is one of the best scenario. If there is any problem on the hard drive- give it to them. If they ask what's the problem tell them its not working properly- that's it.

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
first of all sorry for the wrong title .. it should read "Hard Disc Warranty Query" , was on a phone call when I was posting this thread :p

I havent checked the HDD for physical damage. will do that tomorrow, As far as connecting it to PC, it wont start up, the HDD isnt spinning properly, and the head is making all sorts of noise. I dont want to get a replacement, but want the hard drive to be repaired :( , lot of confidential data is there in my HDD.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You will have to replace it unless you want to void the hard drive's warranty. Back up your data, format the drive and give it for replacement. You want to give it for repairs and void the warranty- that's your wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom