Hard disk slowdown and sometime do not detect

rajkiran

Broken In
Hello,

recently my PC started behaving strange, below are the few problems i saw.

1. When kept idle for more than 30 mins, the screen display BSOD
2. When starting the PC it stops at the page "Windows is starting up" and never starts. after trying few times it will start finally
3. My 320GB hard disk is slowed down badly, but the other 500GB hard disk is performing well.
4. Copying data from 320GB disk taking longer time. and sometime the explorer goes to not responding state.
5. sometimes the same 320GB disk do not show up in my computers.

my system config
2gb ram
3.0ghz processor
500GB + 320GB hard disk

i suppose my 320GB hard disk is behind all the above reason. is it gone bad? do i be able to get the data from the disk?

i have few backups from that disk but not all. can anyone suggest me something?

Awaiting your replies.
Rajkiran Singh

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
check the 320GB HDD for bad sector and also exchange the 320GB and 500GB sata cables.

nope. if it fails it mayn't show up in the explorer or linux. in that case recovering data is not possible unless you want to do professional recovery.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If that HDD is made by Seagate, use Seatools to know the current condition of HDD.
Once the HDD is out of warranty, you can't really do anything about it.

OP
R

rajkiran

Broken In
Pin pointed at one thing now... it is a power supply issue...

I have disconnected DVD writer and one DVR card from my PC and started the machine. now both the hard disks are showing up and performing good as well. last 5 days i faced no issues with the HDD.

Thanks for your suggestions

No i think i need a good power supply. how can i measure the power required and purchase the supply according to it?

koolent

Youngling
There are different websites on calculation of wattage required.

I would recommend you getting a CX 430v2. :)

Top Bottom