Hard Disk Partition Problem

Vatsal

Right off the assembly line
I have 4 partitions on my hard disk (all are NTFS).There is a local disk (F) and it always shows 64.5 MB free out of 103 MB.No matter what i do,this doesn't clean up.I want to delete this partition and merge it with other partition.What should i do?

gameranand

Living to Play
Have you created this partition yourself or windows created it ????
If Windows Created it then don't do anything to this or Windows will stop working.

OP
V

Vatsal

Right off the assembly line
Have you created this partition yourself or windows created it ????
If Windows Created it then don't do anything to this or Windows will stop working.

it is done by windows , but there is no file (system) on it,as total size is 103 MB.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well those are system files in it and they are hidden so you arn't able to see them.
To see them
Go Organise -> Folder and Search Options -> View Tab -> The Select Show Hidden Files and Folders, Uncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files

Then you can see those folders and files but there will be security restriction to open them or to see the contents of that folder. Well You can break that security to see all the files but don't do that. :)
And don't modify or delete that partition alright. :)

doomgiver

Warframe
DONT DO ANYTHING!!!!

its system reserved space for keeping boot data, if you modify anything, your computer WILL FAIL TO BOOT.

anyway, 100 mb is a very small amount, its not going to affect anything, and its not a virus

you have created two threads. please dont do this. one thread is enough

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vatsal: I confirm too. That 100 MB partition is an auto created partition by Windows Vista or 7, to be used for System related tasks.
AFAIK, that partition is not given a drive letter by default, and so is not visible under normal circumstances, unless you give it a drive letter yourself!
You should remove the drive letter from that partition, OR hide the partition altogether using utilities like, Tune Up.

Top Bottom