Hard disk not detected!

adid

Right off the assembly line
I was using one of my hard disk until yesterday afternoon and decided to take a break, in the evening I installed my newly bought graphics card and booted up the pc, initially my 2nd hard disk and my DVD Rom did not show up, after trying all available combinations, I got the DVD writer to work. I tried connecting the hard disk to another computer but no avail. There appears no physical damage on the hard disk and it was recently exchanged by the company as it had crashed in its warranty period. The hard disk appears to be running and the BIOS is not detecting it... Help?!!

OP
A

adid

Right off the assembly line
Tried all mobo ports and 3 different SATA cables, looks like its dead, but it the drive is spinning, read a KB which was about seagate hd (mine is WD Caviar Green) did not understand it completely but got a gist that some hard disks have firmware issues, going to try booting linux and will post if any progress (y)
Adjusting jumpers? Please explain it, haven't heard of it.........

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
jumper setting is not relevant for modern sata hdd.old mobos back in 2004-2005 usually have sata I ports & some sata II hdd's have jumper to limit to sata I to avoid issues but i never faced any such issue with sata2 & sata3 hdd on my ancient asrock 865 mobo sata1 ports.

frankeric

Journeyman
Tried all mobo ports and 3 different SATA cables, looks like its dead, but it the drive is spinning, read a KB which was about seagate hd (mine is WD Caviar Green) did not understand it completely but got a gist that some hard disks have firmware issues, going to try booting linux and will post if any progress (y)
Adjusting jumpers? Please explain it, haven't heard of it.........

Try your hard drive with some other computer and check if its working or not.

Top Bottom