Not open for further replies.

ajai5777

Youngling
My pc's configuration

Intel p4 ht 3ghz
intel d101ggc
ddr1 ram 1gb*2=2gb
Hdd is 80gb sata seagate

Here is the problem.My pc is 3yr old and works almost fine once i decided to upgrade the hdd and bought a samsung 160 sata,i connected it correctly and
the system is booted then the the system failed to boot. when i removed it and booted the system everything was fine.Then i realised that the new hdd got damaged by burnig an ic near to the power cable.Then i replaced it with a new one and connected correctly by checking all cables etc...but the result was the same as before...Then i replaced it once again and before connecting it in to my system i loaded operating system to that and connected to my pc with out connecting the old one...BUT this time also result was same....the ic near to the power cable is burnt.But my old seagate is working fine.(Also all other accessories are fine)Then i took the system to service but unfortunately...they couldnt find a reason for this...told me that may due to overheating of mobo and advised me to take the mobo to service or try other hdds than samsung.

NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO...?

Should i try new seagate 160(as the old one is working fine)....?
Motherboard servicing (feel some risk)....?
Or i try external hdds....?

PLZ GIVE ME A SOLUTION....

mrintech

Technomancer
First of all STOP causing HAVOC/BLUNDER. Better go to the shop from where you are buying the HDD and they will fit the HDD free for you.

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
I bought samsung 160 sata and connected power cable and sata cable to mobo along with my working seagate sata 80. my 160 is blank.i think i had done the right procedure. But the new 160 always damaged and system refused to boot due to presence of damaged 160.If i take the system to shop they also will do the same.then wat is the difference?
Plz give me more suggestions pleeeeez.

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
Any problem for my mother board or smps....?
All other hardwares in my system are working fine...
including seagate 80 sata,sony dvdrw,nvidia 7200gs etc..

Any possible reasons for this problem...or any similar experiences...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom