Hans Reiser guilty of first degree murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Software developer Hans Reiser was found guilty today of first degree murder in the death of his wife in late 2006, a conviction that carries up to 25 years in prison and a possible death sentence for the Reiser4 file system.

Read On...

praka123

left this forum longback
well,for his crime what does his excellent file system did?It is not developing after his accusation......

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It took a hells highway to finally find him guilty...our beloved justice procedure

praka123

left this forum longback
^not 100% sure!

BTW,
ReiserFS Without Hans Reiser, Continued

In my post the other day about whether or not work in the ReiserFS file system would continue after Hans Reiser's murder conviction, I mentioned that this being an open source project, it wouldn't be hard for someone else to pick up where others leave off. And as it turns out, that's precisely what's happening: according to folks on the ReiserFS team, work on ReiserFS will continue.

Earlier today I was contacted by Alexander Lymin and Edward Shishkin, two of the developers on the ReiserFS team. Alex wanted to make it clear that "there is no need for drama" -- that work on ReiserFS hasn't stopped, even if they don't have the kind of resources they would like right now.
Alex echoed my point about picking up where others left off in his own words: "Perhaps the single strongest property of open source software is 'distributed reliability'; i.e., if one company/person fails, there are 10 others to pick up the banner." I'll add that while such a thing is not guaranteed, it's made that much easier, which is itself sometimes half the battle.

From what I've seen, ReiserFS (specifically, the newest iteration named Reiser4) is too good a project to abandon. Many people use the earlier ReiserFS in a daily context and swear by it, and many improvements to the system are planned for version 4. It's good to hear that work will continue, even if not at the pace it was happening before -- and perhaps in time one of the more aggressive Linux development outfits (IBM (NYSE: IBM), Red Hat) can help out, too.
*www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/04/reiserfs_withou.html

slugger

Banned
Brilliant minds commiting henious crimes.....hmmmm!!!!

wasn't there a female NASA astronaut too who was recently charged with plotting to kill someone

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Most popular distros have dropped support for ReiserFS after this

Was this the major reason? I thought it was because it was 'buggy'? :confused: Anyway, thanks for the news. Too bad a great like him did like this. More work rather than family might have come in the way and thus, the murder... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom