Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
EULA says : you can modify Your own Software while you cannot Reverse enginner the SETUP so if you do that its illegal as hackintosh ! if you do any hacks to your licensed Software its not illegal until and unless it is used commercially ! its technical information that gives and restrain the rights ! i guess filledvoid or other more into depth users might be able to shed light !
Even if thats true it is distributed on the Network which again makes me think its illegal. But what do I know. I was hoping someone would clear it in terms which makes it legal according to the SLA.

Anyway I think the main ruckus is about the jailbroken iPhone users vs the Hackintoshes lol. I think Im the only one arguing here who doesn't have either :eek: .

goobimama

 Macboy
* I don't think using a Hackintosh is illegal but I do think one would be better off using XP or Linux on a PC cause hackintosh is not the Apple way (read: No worries).

Having said that, I don't really understand the point of this thread. You guys gonna discuss all about hackintosh? Cause that's not allowed in here. Is it a list of people? For what purposes?

From what I get though it has been two things.
1: Poking fun at Cooldudie3, which was not very appreciated.
2: Discussing the Apple EULA. Hasn't this been done before?

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Any Law student on the forum?.. please report to the Hacintosh thread immediately..

devilz666

Broken In
Unlocking and jailbreaking an iPhone is perfectly legal, both it the United States and in India. Downloading a patched copy of Apple's operating system is not. If you can buy a retail copy of Leopard and modify it to work on your PC, do so. Tell others how to do so if you want to. But that's impossible to do and any other method you use to install Leopard on a PC is strictly illegal. Case in point: Apple filed a class action lawsuit against Psystar but I don't see either Apple or AT&T taking any action against the iPhone Dev-Team.

As for installing pirated software on Mac OS X, I urge you to scour the Apple thread and come up with even a single instance where I or anyone else has helped anyone get a pirated copy of any software. There's an application I could mention the name of and even Mac newbies will be able to get any Mac application for free using just that, but I've never even hinted at its existence in the Apple thread. We've been toeing the line and expect you to do the same.

Du'h?? You were trying to be funny here or you are that stupid? Apple filed a case against Psystar coz they are loosing business due to their acts and they arnt saying anything to Dev-Team because they are actually making money, because if there wasnt any way of jailbreaking and unlocking iPhone then they wouldn't have sold half the iPhones they have sold.

Seriously, what are you? someone who's got too much sense of humor or someone who just knows how to type but cant make sense?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
There was a huge discussion on Apple's EULA, search for it, the thread was only about Apple's EULA.

devilz666

Broken In
CadCrazy sent me a PM telling me that I'm jealous of you hackint0sh users. He didn't mention why but I'm guessing it's because you get to run Mac OS X for a far lesser price than I do. Well, if price was my only parameter for judging what to buy and use, like it is for 99% of the members on this forum, he would've been right.

Thankfully though, it isn't. If it was, I would never have purchased Acquisition when LimeWire does the same job for free, nor would I be buying an iMac when I can install and run Mac OS X on my existing PC. I'm not jealous because using a hackint0sh is like driving an Audi in a village or wearing an expensive shirt with a lungi, for lack of better analogies. Sure you can save money by forgoing the city life and not buying a pair of classy trousers, but I'd rather not. I prefer buying a Mac, by choice, because running Mac OS X on a Mac and on a PC is just not the same. The Mac experience is simple unbeatable and, to my mind, worth the last penny.

Hahahahaha, you are lame :)

mac users must be jealous because they get to use Mac OSX on better hardware.

And someone who calls Lungi (or any other traditional dress) cheap surely is shouting out loud that he's mentally sick. Anyways, using OSX on Mac is like buying a superbly expensive suit (your mac hardware) and walking down the lane and eating at some nice food joint(OSX), while using OSX on PC is like Wearing a normal suit and driving around on some sexy expensive superfast car (Our PC hardware) and eating from the same jolint as you are (OSX)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1. Using or helping one use Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware is illegal.

2. Directly or indirectly modifying the firmware is illegal - jailbreak, Xbox mods etc.

3. Unlocking a phone while still in contract period is illegal.

4. Now the best part: Piracy is illegal :lol:

Don't bother going thru all the EULA and stuff, read the above lines :D

Pat

Beyond Smart
1. Using or helping one use Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware is illegal.

2. Directly or indirectly modifying the firmware is illegal - jailbreak, Xbox mods etc.

3. Unlocking a phone while still in contract period is illegal.

4. Now the best part: Piracy is illegal :lol:

Don't bother going thru all the EULA and stuff, read the above lines :D

Sums up the discussion perfectly :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Aayush said:
....is like driving an Audi in a village or wearing an expensive shirt with a lungi....

....the city life and not buying a pair of classy trousers....
You need to present better analogies. These are SICK... just SICK..

Just goes to say that people in villages are always poor and cannot afford a car. Wearing lungi is cheap.. and everybody exhibiting city life hafta wear classy trousers....

Dude.. get a life.. every human has dignity.. and is free to live his/her life. You are nobody to decide on such things. Next time when you post, type sensibly... Think twice.. thrice.. about what you are posting...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OFFTOPIC :
@aryayush
Your Siggy
Do you post all of this from your iPhone. I havent been able to justifiably even type this forums url from my iphone.
That's probably because you never gave it a chance to grow on you. Type on it for a week -- lengthy emails, forum posts, etc. -- and learn to trust the auto-correction features. When you hit the wrong key while typing a word, just carry on. It will be corrected. Do it for a week and you'll be typing like a pro. There are also iPhone typing lessons on the Internet.

I type using both thumbs on the vertical keyboard and hardly ever have to go back to correct any mistakes. I have never used a phone with a physical full QWERTY keypad (and never will because they all look crummy) so I cannot comment on them but I type much faster on my iPhone than I ever did on my regular Nokia and Sony Ericsson cellphones with T9 turned on. Several times faster. Most of the times, I type without even looking at the keyboard on the iPhone (did this last sentence and only got the last word wrong).

So yeah, to answer your question, yes, all these posts are typed entirely on an iPhone. If I had a computer, of course, I would use it instead but the iPhone is the next best thing. :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
yeah.. this is sick.. extremely sick.. try to respect Indian Culture and villages.. and man. OS X is like Audi.. expensive n beautiful (Rs. 44 lakh).. but Hackintosh is like Mitsubishi Lance Evo X.. powerful and cheap (though comes in India with 110% duty at 28 lakh and beats the hell out of every Audi)

Status
Not open for further replies.