Guitar(Acoustic or Electric)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, THAT ?

I use Hydrogen Drum Machine when I need regular beats.

For practice, I do foot tapping. I tap the ground with my heel for getting rhythem.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Any guitar shop,get it fixed by them

Start saving yaar, you have great enthu i dont want you to start with a under 10k electric guitar

Last edited:
Any guitar shop,get it fixed by them

Do you think I can try my luck in Brigade Road, Bangalore ? Its supposed to have several reputed shops selling musical instruments.

Start saving yaar, you have great enthu i dont want you to start with a under 10k electric guitar
start ? :lol:

I have been playing for 1.5 years on this piece of wierd only-12-frets-allowed instrument. :mad:

I tried every possible thing. I even custom ordered a 10mm to 3.5mm jack convertor to be made to connect the guitar to my PC.

I spent hours and days learning to figure out how to connect stuff and where to increase/decrease volume, etc and how to use software like Hydrogen, Audacity and Gnuitar.

After that, I tried to adjust settings in the software to get a nice overdrive tone, only to discover that my pickup is screwing things up and that the bass frequencies are missing. Back then I didn't know how to double-pick so I almost ditched the whole idea. Now, the cable is also lost. I need to start over.

Patience is something I have in plenty now. ;)

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I have no idea about bangalore, but if the shop has both Givson as well as Pluto or something high end, then it must have pickups too....
Yeah man, dont worry, lofe will be easy and pleasing once you get an electric guitar.
BTW, what songs are you practicing right now?

Right now I try some simpler stuff like:

Led Zeppelin's Where the Levee Breaks
Smoke On the Water
The Day That Never Comes (I always make mistakes in the intro)

MOST black sabbath songs - they are slow enough for helping newbies out, minus the solos.

For black sabbath songs, I can play Iron Man, Paranoid, Snowblind, Electric Funeral, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Black Sabbath, The Wizard, War Pigs, etc, but some more complex stuff like Into The Void I can't easily manage.

But since I can't read notes, I usually rely on my ear to make up my own version of the song.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^nub can't read notes,lol.:p,you have that kind of acoustic guitar which has a 10mm connector too?

I have a pure acoustic guitar, with 21frets.

I have a question:How often do you guys change the strings?And how do you know its time?I have seen people change them as often as 2 weeks apart,thats a costly business.:|

And the current strigs on my guitar are kind of hard,My fingers feel strange whole day when I practise,any suggestion about what kind of strings should I get next?

More edit:Is changing strings difficult?I hope not,:|

and I still can't play sa-re-ga-ma,my fingers can change the positions fast enough and exact enough.:|,its been like a month now since I bought my guitar.:|

Last edited:

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@MetalHead
Those are pretty good...carry on...also try these
*www.cyberfret.com/first-fret/beginners-guide-to-playing-the-guitar/page3.php

@The_Devil_Himself
It depends on many factors, most important being how much you play ur guitar. I used to play my guitar for at least half an hour a day in the beginning. And my strings worked for at least 2 months or so each time. But later when i changed to D'Addario Extra Light String, they worked for 4-5 months. But they cost around 350/-. Moreover it also depends on techniques you play. Try full bending the G string at the 7th fret and it will be ruined in one week. And lastly it depends on how you take care.
Change your strings only when you feel they are sounding odd. Or if the outer covering (E,A,D and G strings) is wearing out.
Next time go for extra lite bronze strings, preferably from D'Adario, they are costly but they need to be changed lesser and are not that hard on fingers.
Changing string is very easy, but if doing for the first time ask someone else to do it for u and watch carefully how he winds them up.
Looks like you are going for some usual Sa-Re-Ga-Ma tution, better learn it in the form of scales and notes. like C C# D D# E F F# G A A# B. This will help you understand it better coz almost all songs are in these universal format, and rarely in hindi musical note format.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^lhmm,I think the strings currently on guitar are bronze only and they are hard.

and no,sa-re-ga is a way of practicing playing notes consecutively.I still practice CAGED eceryday after spending time tuning.

@Devil: Mine is an 18-fret guitar out of which only 12 are easily usable.

And yeah, the pain is because initially your fingers would have difficulty in adjusting to playing a guitar. For 3 months I had really sore fingers and had to eat with my thumb using a spoon and couldn't write easily.

But after some time, you will get used to it. Now, I can comfortably go into an extremely painful (in the begening) master of puppets intro till 2 mins.

BTW, did somebody try playing older classics like Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze ?
I got its riffs right, but the best part was that I discovered that the doodle I sometimes do is nothing but the solo in the end of the song :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom