GUIed Programming Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
my point is in a Linux context,most of those who program with qt are kde people!and again many wants to keep their software inside kde de.so they make programs depdendency most kdelibs!thats what i meant.there is no reason i can find to have such wonderful softwares like ktorrent,amarok etc binding to kdelibs dependencies!no wonder,exaile is born due to this deps mess which kde apps are needing!
in a brief,90% of kde programs CANNOT be installed with a single libqt3/4-mt library.all are compiled with kdelibs as dependency which i dont want!150MB+ download for a single player!OH GOD JESUS!Save!!!:evil:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeh, an example would be Skype for linux.

QT applications look pretty. Opera sucks though, it keeps hanging my system >_>

Apps starting with K need KDE definitely. They make it so that it intergrates well into KDE, no other reason. You omit that out, you have a standard global application, right?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
my point is in a Linux context,most of those who program with qt are kde people!and again many wants to keep their software inside kde de.so they make programs depdendency most kdelibs!thats what i meant.there is no reason i can find to have such wonderful softwares like ktorrent,amarok etc binding to kdelibs dependencies!no wonder,exaile is born due to this deps mess which kde apps are needing!
in a brief,90% of kde programs CANNOT be installed with a single libqt3/4-mt library.all are compiled with kdelibs as dependency which i dont want!150MB+ download for a single player!OH GOD JESUS!Save!!!:evil:
This is programming section. He isn't asking for qt apps. He's asking for programming languages, Qt works with C++, as he needs and Qt is in no way dependant on kdelibs. I don't see how kde dependancies come up here unless the programmer wants to use it.

OK, let me get to the main reason why many of us desist from using KDE:

KDE culture is just too shocking for most of us. Apps have abstract names, unlike simple and meaningful names for Gnome Apps. Everything starts with the word K. K is everywere. It does not sound as good as G. Many world are PERPOSEFULLY MISPELLED. It has manythings that are just not named right and refered to in the right way. KDE is just too ovwelhming compared to gnome when it comes to this. Its reflected everywere, and this makes me MAD.

praka123

left this forum longback
^many more things to count..for me...i am...just not comfortable in Kde..i tried and tried...but...hates kde now!although i knows that qt is a gr8 platform for programmers,but ppl like me,who are just simple Desktop Linux users-many are NOT comfortable with kde's messy menus and configurations..also the people who are dedicated to kde de will make u mad when u try G vs K in intl forums or IRC etc..while most Gnome ppl are much more practical and loves simplicity yet functionality and customizibility!though i cant agree 100% with Gnome's HIG(Human Interface Guidelines),their work seems to reap benefits as from Gnome v-2.12 onwards :) now expecting for the BIG one Gnome-3.0 8)

I think if KDE renames their stuff, and provides both simple and complex interfaces, and has a GTK2+ wrapper that intergrates those apps into KDE, it will be the best thing ever.

but for starters, we need a good programming kit with lots of easy to use pre-made widgets that can be used for easy programming.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
OK, let me get to the main reason why many of us desist from using KDE:

KDE culture is just too shocking for most of us. Apps have abstract names, unlike simple and meaningful names for Gnome Apps. Everything starts with the word K. K is everywere. It does not sound as good as G. Many world are PERPOSEFULLY MISPELLED. It has manythings that are just not named right and refered to in the right way. KDE is just too ovwelhming compared to gnome when it comes to this. Its reflected everywere, and this makes me MAD.
While that mebbe your personal opinion, I haf absolutely no problems with KDE except the fact that its a bit heavy on resources. XFCE is very very light but the customization is very limited; while KDE is prolly the best DE for out of the box customization. GNOME is a bit heavier and give more customization that XFCE but is lighter and somewhat less customization than KDE. Its somewhere in between.

Haf you tried KDevelop? I find it better than its GNOME counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom