Guide to make strongest passwords

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Here I am posting this ref. to an excellent SANS guide on simple ways to make your passwords stronger, yet still remember them:-
*www.sans.org/reading_room/whi...ation/1636.php

A reliable alternative is to use a password manager program. Two of the better ones:

KeePass Password Safe

Password Safe | Free Security & Utilities software downloads at SourceForge.net

But just remember if you let someone access your files and PC, it is no longer really your PC.

One way to reduce the risk is to encrypt sensitive files so they cannot be accessed by someone. One program that does a decent job of this is Truecrypt:
TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
The first link doesnt work buddy...
Anyways the trick I use is to take two things I like and join them with one or more special characters.
Lets say you like jalebi and lassi => jalebi&lassi

Its simple and its very easy to remember for you but not for someone else. And tbh, I have never really found the need for anything more secure than that :)

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
The first link doesnt work buddy...
Anyways the trick I use is to take two things I like and join them with one or more special characters.
Lets say you like jalebi and lassi => jalebi&lassi

Its simple and its very easy to remember for you but not for someone else. And tbh, I have never really found the need for anything more secure than that :)

First link is a e-book

u can try here.. *skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AA52E07ECBB2430A!119&authkey=!AFb_qmwSrZOZD70

Top Bottom