Guide to a free domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
knight17

knight17

In the zone
Sometimes CMS become complicated for the first timer.Drupal for example
Int you can use some CMS for maintaining your web site. It doesn't really require any knowledge of any type of coding unless you want to do all kinds of personalisation.
But, it would be good to atleast learn HTML and CSS. They are easy to learn and very useful. W3Schools is a nice place to learn.

tuxfan

Technomancer
titun said:
Pop comes a question in my mind. I have a blog at blogger, which is redirected to a .tk domain name as u can see in my signature.
But I wanted to learn HTML and design pages for my own site. Now w3schools.com has very good tutorials, but where can I find a free host. If u visit my site, u can see I have not added any ADs, I don't like them.
So where can I find a totally AD free site host ?? My traffic/bandwidth requirements are not high though.

Free hosting without ads will require forum posting. After all even they have their costs to cover! If you google, you will find plenty of free hosting options without ads. Some will give you a sub-domain/folder on their main domain, some will let you have your own domain.

T

titun

tuxfan said:
Free hosting without ads will require forum posting. After all even they have their costs to cover!.

Hummm...u r right, I understand. Let me Google. Btw any suggestions tuxfan ??

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
knight17 said:
Sometimes CMS become complicated for the first timer.Drupal for example
Yeah no doubt there are some CMS's like drupal and civicspace can be a real mumbo jumbo for those who are relatively new to CMS's. And if there's a problem you'll never know what to do, if you don't know php.
But, does he have much options at this point of time when he doesn't even know HTML. So, even if he gets some templets from some good sites, he won't be able to customise it to his liking. So, will it be with the themes for CMS's.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think you can try yurx.com. Although I haven't had a vert satisfying experience (its too slow most of the times), you can try :)

Google will show you many more links ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom