Guide me placing Fans and Optimum Airflow

ithehappy

Human Spambot
As the title says please guide me for best possible airflow in my CM 690 II Plus cabinet.
Yesterday I got two Delta 120mm Fans for my Hyper 212+ cooler, so first guide me to place those fans. How will I place them? Consider my Cooler is placed in Middle vertically and the fans will go in both side. Should I place it like this? This will take the air form both right and left side and in them to the cooler.

*img821.imageshack.us/img821/4066/photo0228k.jpg

or this? This one will take the air from Right and it will pass out through the left fan.

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/8430/photo0227a.jpg

Now this is the Photo around the Processor fan, are they placed correctly? I mean the Back Fan is working as an exhaust one, it's pumping the hot air out through the back and the Top fan is also exhausting the air through top. Like this, imagine the Hyper 212 instead of Stock, pardon my old photo :)

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/9491/photo0096u.jpg

Now after installing the Delta's I will have a spare CM 120mm fan which came with the Cooler, I've planned to put that at the Top, now the query is Should I install it as an exhaust one or non-exhaust one that it will take in outside air?

My Cooler,

*img42.imageshack.us/img42/8244/photo0123q.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Krow

Crowman
A push pull setup is meant for best airflow through your cooler. One side fan pushes air in and the other side fan pushes it out.

My suggestion is take the air in from the right side as in the last picture. And out from the left side.

One thing to remember: by some laws of nature, cold air is heavier than hot air. So all the hot air is at the top of the cabinet. Hence a top fan should be exhaust.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - which cabby do you have ;-)

Place the fan above cpu as exhaust and the fan over ram slots in intake mode.

Top Bottom