Guide me on my new Desktop Configuration

sonianuja

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I am looking to buy a assembled PC and need guidance from all you guys to decide upon my new Desktop Configuration.

Would prefer Core I3 or I5 processor. Have been using an Intel processors all my life, but if a better option at a better price is available I wont mind to shift upon.

I already have a 18.5" LED monitor, so want the CPU only with in 20K budget.

Have filled up the following questionnaire, so that you guys can advise me on configuration.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Normal office work, email, net, coral draw, etc.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: No, as have always used Intel processors all my life

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Rs. 20,000

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No idea

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 18.5" Sreen, LED Samsung, I already have one

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 3 or 4

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: ASAP
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Delhi, yes

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Would prefer Intel Core I3/ i5 processor

Kindly guide me, as I need to finalise my buying.

Replies from all you guy would be of immense help.

OP
S

sonianuja

Right off the assembly line
Which MoBo is better

I plan to buyer I3-2100 CPU. Getting confused about the Mobo to be used.

Can anybody guide, which one is better - Asus P8H61M-LE OR Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3.

In terms of quality, compnent built, service, performance etc. etc.

Help me clear my confusion

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much to differentiate between quality, components and performance. Both Asus and Gigabyte make quality boards.

If anything goes wrong i.e. service wise, Gigabyte is better.

Quite honestly, if I was you, I'd be getting the quad core AMD A6-3650 + A55 motherboard from Asus/Gigabyte instead of i3-2100 + H61. Price is going to be same for both platforms.

Reasons -
1) Processor performance is same for both.
2) AMD A6-3650's built-in GPU is more than 3 times faster than Intel i3-2100's built-in GPU. So, A6-3650 is going to run games much faster.
3) CPU power consumption wise - both are same. A6-3650 tends to consume a bit more power in graphic workloads, but that is understandable because its built-in GPU is faar stronger.

If you are adding a discrete graphic card, story is going to be same for both. Then the choice doesn't make any difference.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
IF OP is talking about buying only processor+motherboard, then A6-3650 as processor and A55 based motherboard is the way to go.

Top Bottom