1. Engineering in IT
2. Engineering in CS
3. MCA

wat shud i go for ??

plz guide with thier syllabus , their value/ worth

I m also thinking Game Developer as a option
Do giv details on this too

Any other choices are also welcome

Plz elaborate as much as u could . It would be gr88 if u could giv source link too

Thanks
-DIndi

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Considering that you are interested in IT field as well as game developing i would say BSC. IT would be a better option for you. After that go for the 'masters' abroad or some reputed college here in India and I can guarantee you that fortune will open its legs for you.. :D

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Thanks for Quick Reply

Should i do engineering in IT from any college affiliated with PUNE university ??

After getting that done wats the procedure to get admission for Masters in USA ??

Where in India can i do Masters ??

Should i drop the MCA option ?? and jus work hard to get admission for IT Engineering ??

___

I can even do some serious Hacking
I m also a good web Designer
I hav designed number of Forums and Professional sites ( I myself own bout 3-4 Sites )
I hav already mentioned that i can design and do animation too

So plz guide even on career related to dis too

Tell me all the possible options in preference order plzz

Thanks
Dindi

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
dont join engineering for job..u cant be surely said u can get oncampus..u even have to try offcampus after UG..join if u r intrested in IT totally...coz u will regret later for lecturers u have..in engg u have to learn independently...that my opinion...

i guess u cant join MCA now...u need to do BCA first

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
yes dear do opt for MCA after BCA if you are serious about doin some good work in field of computers as doin B.Tech/BE is nothing more about wasting your time attending lectures of no use.(as most of the learning part starts only on month earlier from xams)..so opt for MCA and also do a part tirm job in field related to your interest..
in this way u'll learn as u earn...

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
I will think between the 2 options of MCA and Btech
and i know that for MCA i need to go via BCA
and for Btech via IT engineering

For IT engineering , i need to score good in MHT-CET to gain admission in a good college

Wats the procedure for BCA ??
CET marks dont count
how much should i score in Boards ??
they r just 2 days away .......... LOL

I shall take out more details in my city after the boards

Neways no scope for Hacking , designing , Animation or Game Developer ??

Thanks for all replies and plz do continue helping
Dindi

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
If you want admission in good college then distinction is minimum but to really get through all of it you will need atleast 80+ %.

All the best for your boards.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@techking_dinesh. try to get into VIT (vellore Institute of Technology).

*www.vit.ac.in/

It's A grade university. With the right amount of effort, you can get a seat there in CSE. Opt for CSE over IT. Then, try for IIT if you can (for M.Tech) by writing GATE or do MS in states.

You need to hurry as Feb 28th is the last date to send application for this year's B.Tech.

Reason why I suggested VIT is due to it's superb facilities and also, you find lot of foreign students there, making it one of the best multi-cultured universities in India.

Last edited:
OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
I hav seen the prospectus
i was not interested in VIT
friends told me cheap crowd out dere. i did not fill out the form.

and i will score 80% + easily

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ That's really pathetic of you to listen to stupid friends. It's A grade university and is one of the best universities out there.

Anyways, also apply for REC Trichy.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Hehe that's rude man... :p

Well, He and his friends think that it's cheap crowd in VIT but who knows, someone from that cheap crowd would be his future TL or PL or manager when he joins in a company. I would rather check facilites, study environment instead of asking my friends about who is living there.

Especially when:

1) TCS recruited 1025 graduates (2009 batch) from VIT, setting Indian record. Did anyone remember the current recession?

2) VIT Students unveil Satellite

3) Central Library: 1,78,627 Documents, 1,44,700 Volumes of Books, 16,980 Back Volumes, 8,503 CDs, 560 Video Cassettes and 201 Audio Cassettes.VIT Subscribes to 682 National and International Journals

4) Student Exchange: VIT encourages mutual student exchange with partner institutions under this scheme. So far, 60 students from China, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Spain and Rwanda have carried out their Bachelor's and Master's project at VIT. In turn, 60 students of VIT have received short-term assignments for carrying out their project works in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, USA and United Kingdom.

5) Eighteen Badminton Courts (Eleven Flood light Courts), Six basketball Courts (Five Flood light Courts), Two footall and hockey fields, Men 50m x 25m (Standard pool with Flood lights) and Women 25m x 12m (Flood lights) swimming pools, Seven volleyball Courts (Two Flood light Courts), 16 station Multi Gymnasium- 1 No-Stadium, 12 station Multi Gymnasium- 1 No- Swimming pool, Gymnasium- 3 Nos- Ladies Hostel, TT, weightlifting etc etc.

To top it all Cisco Networking Academy (*www.vit.ac.in/cisco/index.asp).

Anyways, it's his bad luck that he is not considering this Univ. :)

I went to this university once (I did my B.Tech in IT in Andhra). I still rue thinking why I didn't try this college and here we have few kids who think that it has cheap crowd. :)

Last edited:

[rApToR]

Computer Maniac !
Hey dude go for VIT if u can .... coz its among the best in India ,,,
and prefer CSE to IT coz CSE provides you more thorough knowledge of software as well as hardware equally ,,,, but as far as IT is concerned -- it's focused more on software as far as I know . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom