gtx 760 is it worth it?

abuzar

Journeyman
hello guyz i was buying gtx 760 but now its priced has jumped up to 22k so my question is that much money worth spending on just a gpu?

and yes i have i5 2500k, with collermaster thunder 500w which i will change next month untill that i will use molex.

so plzz tel me fast

guyz u just answer me how much money 760 worth it ?and is this much money in gpu worth it?
and can my psu can power 760 for 1 month?

hello guyz i was buying gtx 760 but now its priced has jumped up to 22k so my question is that much money worth spending on just a gpu?

and yes i have i5 2500k, with collermaster thunder 500w which i will change next month untill that i will use molex.

so plzz tel me fast

guyz u just answer me how much money 760 worth it ?and is this much money in gpu worth it?
and can my psu can power 760 for 1 month?

answer plzzz its urgent

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, Galaxy GTX 760 is available at 19.6K. Link: *www.primeabgb.com/index.php/galaxy-nvidia-gtx-760-2gb-ddr5-graphic-cards.html

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
Buddy, Galaxy GTX 760 is available at 19.6K. Link: *www.primeabgb.com/index.php/galaxy-nvidia-gtx-760-2gb-ddr5-graphic-cards.html

dude its galaxy , and i heard galaxy is not a good brand and as i am buying gpu for the first time i dont want any blu screen, random restarts etc problems, so you tell me is galaxy worth a try?

and what about my psu because i will not be having money after i will spend for 760, so can my psu can work for 2 months untill i can change it?

and is spending 22k for a gpu worth it or its a waste of money?

and yes last but not the least! i will be using DVI to VGA so will it effect any kind of performance?

snap

Lurker
answer these *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149373 :) if you game at full hd high settings then it certainly is not a waste of money

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
1. Which Power Supply do you have?
ans- coolermaster thunder 500w

2. What is your budget?

ans- 15 to 22k

3. Which resolution will you game at?

ans- 1440x900 and sometimes in 32inc tv that is 1080p

4. What are your current computer specifications?

ans-processor- intel core i5 2500k
mobo- intel dh67bl
ram- 4gb
psu- coolermaster thunder 500w
cabinet- i ball rider
hardisk- 500gb

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for 22k get [ only if you can find one ] HD 7870 XT @ ~18k and Seasonic Eco 600 @ 4.1k

Cilus

laborare est orare
dude its galaxy , and i heard galaxy is not a good brand and as i am buying gpu for the first time i dont want any blu screen, random restarts etc problems, so you tell me is galaxy worth a try?

and what about my psu because i will not be having money after i will spend for 760, so can my psu can work for 2 months untill i can change it?

and is spending 22k for a gpu worth it or its a waste of money?

and yes last but not the least! i will be using DVI to VGA so will it effect any kind of performance?

I don't know from where you've heard that stuff about Galaxy but a brand does not have high footprint in India does not mean it is a bad company. From a long time I am seeing you are making some real small things really big without trying to comprehend what others are telling you. Why it will be a complete waste of money if you really want to game with high setting, especially when you are making a gaming system? If you buy cheaper components, your game experiece is also gonna get cheaper.
Regarding Galaxy, before beleiving whatever you have heard, do a small google search and spare us some times. Galaxy is the official partner of nVidia and they are pretty much reliable company with good product deliver history.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Op may need to have a look at the Galaxy GTX 780 HOF :D [ I don't know about A.S.S. but quality wise Galaxy graphic cards are very good ]

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
guyz i have decided yo go with asus gtx 760 because it uses single 8 pin so it will work with my psu and next month i will change my psu to seasonic 520w

guyz i have decided yo go with asus gtx 760 because it uses single 8 pin so it will work with my psu and next month i will change my psu to seasonic 520w

You don't need a PSU with 2 8 pin connectors to power a card that requires them. You can use one 8 pin connector and one molex to 8 pin convertor. Such converters are also supplied with graphic cards.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But still CM Thunder 500 is not a great PSU to run a 2500k and a GTX 760 so OP should change the PSU anyway and the addded extra benefit is he can get a z77 motherboard if he ever wants to OC his cpu.

But still CM Thunder 500 is not a great PSU to run a 2500k and a GTX 760 so OP should change the PSU anyway and the addded extra benefit is he can get a z77 motherboard if he ever wants to OC his cpu.

Yes he should buy a better PSU. I was commenting on OP's statement that he will get an Asus GTX760 because it will work with a single 8 pin connector.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
Yes he should buy a better PSU. I was commenting on OP's statement that he will get an Asus GTX760 because it will work with a single 8 pin connector.

i have written that because asus 760 only requires 1x8pin that's all.
and yes i will surely change the psu in 1 months or 2.

Top Bottom