just got my new rig..
the following is the config''

msi gtx 570,
asus sabertooth
i7 950
crosshair 4gb single
antech 750 w psu
wd 1 tb greeen

every thing is fine except that gtx 570 is not performing the way it should. is there some bottleneck..?
the following is the comparision from 3d mark
*3dmark.com/co...50/3dm11/340435

the lowest is mine. the reference system has the same config except ram and motherboard.

please help me in sorting the issue...

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
try reinstalling the drivers or if that does'nt solve the problem try to place the GPU again to slot properly !!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
Could you tell which games you tried, and how you felt that the performance is low. Forget Benchmarks for now.

OP
M

max.4u

And the heavens shall >D
?????????

Which drivers/OS? What is the screen resolution??

windows 7 x64
latest nvidia released drivers

Are U sure ur PSU is realy a 750watt psu? Are u sure your house has an AEH connection? all electrical

antech is good brand.. and 750W is very efficient .. not like other brands that tell 850W and give 60% efficiency..

@OP:
Could you tell which games you tried, and how you felt that the performance is low. Forget Benchmarks for now.

i have tried resident evil @1360 resolution.
according to that web benchs, they say that at 1920x1080 fps are at 150
but ran on 1360 and i get 175-200;
i dont have a 1920 monitor . so i assume that the gpu is running slow...

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he is running games at 1360*768 resolution and he expected 250+ fps with that resolution.That's why he assumed that the games running slow.

The only slow piece of component I can see in his rig ( acc to specs he provided ) the WD 1TB green Hdd - these Hdds are made for large storage devices not for performance - so his game loading time will be improved if get 2x WD 1TB Black Hdds and run them in Raid 0 mode or get 1 SSD drive - say corsair 60GB one @ 8k.

OP
M

max.4u

And the heavens shall >D
I think he is running games at 1360*768 resolution and he expected 250+ fps with that resolution.That's why he assumed that the games running slow.

The only slow piece of component I can see in his rig ( acc to specs he provided ) the WD 1TB green Hdd - these Hdds are made for large storage devices not for performance - so his game loading time will be improved if get 2x WD 1TB Black Hdds and run them in Raid 0 mode or get 1 SSD drive - say corsair 60GB one @ 8k.

well i am running the benchmark provided with resident evil.
as the bencmark loads, the related files get loaded in the ram.
as the file sizes are small, there is no point in hard disk comming into picture.
correct me if am wrong'

OP
M

max.4u

And the heavens shall >D
Can you fix your 3d mark link?

srue.. but the diffrence was almost 35% with the same configuration.
except that my ram is in single mode while the refrence system was in triple channel.
all other things were same

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well i am running the benchmark provided with resident evil.
as the bencmark loads, the related files get loaded in the ram.
as the file sizes are small, there is no point in hard disk comming into picture.
correct me if am wrong'

it doesn't matter if files small or big. the access speed (transfer speed) of Western Digital Green is low. so it'll affect the performance.

srue.. but the diffrence was almost 35% with the same configuration.
except that my ram is in single mode while the refrence system was in triple channel.
all other things were same

this maybe another reason for the slight decrease in performance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, green series drives are meant for storage purpose not for gaming - for that Blue, Black series of WD or SSD drives are way to go.

and games files are not entirely loaded on ram - they still access HDD even after you see a game is loaded on screen.

@ OP - which website showed you that RE5 is giving out 150 fps at 1920x1080.
Care to share the link ?

Here look at the scores and screen resolutions carefully and as you are getting 175-200FPS at 1360*768 every thing is fine with your gtx 570 :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Review - Page 14 - Resident Evil 5

CPU: 920 @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 6GB Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600

*i.neoseeker.com/a/NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_570/RE5.png
coutesy of neoseeker.com

your's is a stock i7 950 with single channel 4GB ram and even at 1280*1024 the game can give out ~150 at max and you are getting 175-200fps with a bit lower resolution.

OP
M

max.4u

And the heavens shall >D
yep, green series drives are meant for storage purpose not for gaming - for that Blue, Black series of WD or SSD drives are way to go.

and games files are not entirely loaded on ram - they still access HDD even after you see a game is loaded on screen.

@ OP - which website showed you that RE5 is giving out 150 fps at 1920x1080.
Care to share the link ?

Here look at the scores and screen resolutions carefully and as you are getting 175-200FPS at 1360*768 every thing is fine with your gtx 570 :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Review - Page 14 - Resident Evil 5

CPU: 920 @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 6GB Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600

*i.neoseeker.com/a/NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_570/RE5.png
coutesy of neoseeker.com

your's is a stock i7 950 with single channel 4GB ram and even at 1280*1024 the game can give out ~150 at max and you are getting 175-200fps with a bit lower resolution.
thanks a million dear..i really got confused with the 150@ 1920 resolution...

then its working fine now...! just downloaded nfs hot pursuit and its going rock hard 62.1 fps at v sync locked..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom